Iz there a trick to move the upper body instead of the legs when posing the pelvis?

It's very annoying - a model is staying and must be bended from the pelvis and above; but when the pelvis is bent instead bending the body it moves the legs and artificial problem is created to pose the legs back to their upright pose. 

Comments

• The Pelvis is a child of the root bone, the hip, if you want to move the upper body you need to use the abdomen bones.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • cridgit said:

You can also pin the thigh bones (translation and/or rotation) and rotate the pelvis from there. It should keep them sort-of in place. I say sort-of because Daz Studio's IK is not the best in the world; a lot of people complain that it is wonky. I manage with it ok, but I'm careful :-)

LOL... I tried to pin the feet and it never worked. But ofc such obvious option as the thighs... who would think about it:-)

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Pin the thigh bones using the active pose tool! Use both start- and endpoints! Now you can drag the pelvis or any of the upperbody bones to rotate the torso while the legs (hopefully) stay in place.

• I believe you can get the effect you want by rotating the Pelvis node, then applying the opposite rotations to the Hip node.

• murgatroyd314 said:

I believe you can get the effect you want by rotating the Pelvis node, then applying the opposite rotations to the Hip node.

My problem is not the rotation but the legs&feet poses which are PITA to adjust after the lower body is rotated.

• cgidesigncgidesign Posts: 442

One way:

• Select the figure root - e.g. Genesis 8 male / female - not the hip, pelvis etc.
    • [Parameters]->[Pose Controls]->[Torso]
    • There is a Waist Bend slider

Or, like Richard said, select the Abdomen nodes and use their bend parameter.