how do you post (non gallery) images so they appear with your text?

i know how to post images which are in my gallery, it's via the 'image' icon above the text dialog box.

and they require a URL which my gallery images have, like so...

and i know how to attach a non gallery file via the 'attach a file' link below the text dialog box...

but that just provides a thumbnail for opening the image in a new tab.. but i would like it to appear with my text as with the image above.

Amira in retro office outfit.png
2500 x 3236 - 7M

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

You have to manually edit your post to include the URL of the image you attached.

• now the process of doing the above creates a URL for the non gallery image... so now i can post it with my text,

like so...

But there must be a way to post the non URL image with the text right from the get go...

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you. 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,925

No, there isn't. You have to have the url to post it in the text field.

• margrave said:

You have to manually edit your post to include the URL of the image you attached.

Thanks for that...i had worked that out but its a bit clunky and was hoping for a more refined solution. 

• frank0314 said:

Ok... well thats that, at least i won't be thinking there must be a better way of doing this when doing this. 

Thanks guys. 

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

SolitarySandpiper said:

Thanks for that...i had worked that out but its a bit clunky and was hoping for a more refined solution. 

Yeah, that's pretty much everybody's response to the Daz forum software.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,127

I hate those huge images embedded in posts.

The displayed size needs to be restricted to no more than 500x500 unless I click to open the full size.

I could go on a rant about this, but I'll stop here with just.

"No thank you, I can just click the images if I want to see the full size version."

• IceCrMn said:

The displayed size needs to be restricted to no more than 500x500 unless I click to open the full size.

"No thank you, I can just click the images if I want to see the full size version."

i pretty much agree but my preference is a uniform 800 on the width (please don't hate me blush)

SolitarySandpiper said:

frank0314 said:

Ok... well thats that, at least i won't be thinking there must be a better way of doing this when doing this. 

Thanks guys. 

Yes, it's quite annoying. We tried every way from Sunday when this particular fourm software was rolled out and nothing works. If you have like google drive or dropbox or something like that you can just put the images there and copy the link for them that way you don't have to add it as an attachment and then edit the post.

edited December 2021

IceCrMn said:

The forum auto scales it to 800 Wide (most of the time) and the length is decreased auto. You can input the dimensions you want it to be when you paste in the url.

Post edited by frank0314 on