Daz3D Is the right program to create poses on Second Life?

Hi everyone. I would like to make poses to import on Second Life.
I'm trying Daz3D. I can't find compatible models for SL, the ones I found are not Bento, so I can't model them in detail. How can I solve?

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,270
    edited December 2021

1. I am not speaking for the company, I'm a customer like you.

2. As far as I know, you cannot use anything sold or given away at Daz3D for use on Second Life. Poses are figure specific, pose presets that you make can be redistributed but without the figure are pretty useless.

3. You could learn to model [in a modeler] and rig your very own 3D figures [in D/S, original rigging - do not copy from other figures]. Pose those and do as you please with them. Hexagon can be used to make very basic models, other modelers such as Blender [free], Zbrush [not so free], 3DCoat, etc. can make a great deal more of a figure for your projects.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,726

sandro.diiorio said:

Hi everyone. I would like to make poses to import on Second Life.
    I'm trying Daz3D. I can't find compatible models for SL, the ones I found are not Bento, so I can't model them in detail. How can I solve?

Thank you for your time.

yeah, you won't find anything at DAZ that can be used in SL. In the past, anything that is imported into SL automatically became the property of Linden labs and DAZ takes it's copyright on it's property seriously, as they should.

besides, DS uses it's own form of rigging which probably isn't compatable to the bento avatar skeleton in SL.