importing your own 2D character from Photoshop

Hi,

I'm brand new here & just now downloaded Daz.

I have been searching for software I can use to import 2D characters I've created in photoshop & turn them into 3D characters.

I'm hoping Daz3D has this functionality, however have been unable to find any documentation outlining this process. I would greatly appreciate it if someone can point me in the right direction for a solution to this query, whether it is to use Daz or possibly another software.

Cheers,

Damien.

Comments

• Daz Studio can't go from a 2D representation to 3D - there are very few things that can do that, and even then what they can is limited as far as I know.

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822
    edited December 2021

Daz Studio figures are modeled/sculpted in a 3D program like Blender or ZBrush, then imported into Daz and given textures. You can make the textures in Photoshop, but I don't know what you mean by "created in Photoshop". Created how?

Post edited by margrave on
  • You could possibly take a look at face transfer. Not sure how stylized your character is and if it would work perfectly when it comes to drawings, but that's the closest thing to what you're looking for. Keep in mind that it will only transfer the face to a DAZ Genesis figure.

• You could make morphs on your choice of Genesis* figure. For that you would need a modeler such as Hexagon [maybe], Blender, Zbrush, etc.

2D characters could be used on billboards, not exactly 3D but it can get them into the scenery. A billboard is just a plane with an image on it, and a mask on the opacity dial.