Matte shadow material?

Is there a way in IRAY to set the character to have a matte/shadow material so I can render different outits on the same character that include correct shadows on the character when I composite in photoshop? 

Thanks!

Comments

• I'm not quite sure if this is what you want, but the Advanced Iray Node Properties (Daz Studio Formats>...Scripts>Untilities>Create Advanced Iray Node Properties in the Content Library pane, with the figure selected) will add an Iray matte option to its properties under Display - that will make it function as a shadow catcher.

• Thank you, yeah I tried that but unfortunately it catches more than just shadows it seems to catch reflections and also alittle of the underlying skin color. I want to just have the outfit and the shadows it casts on the figure. I have been able to kinda work around it by making the material of the figure black with no reflection...but it nakes the shadows unfortunately slightly darker than they should be. Thanks for your quick response though!

• You may be able to reduce that by turning the glossy and related properties on the surfaces right down - a matt matte.