Distorted Fingers On Zhi For Kayo 8- Solved

gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 204
edited December 2021 in New Users

Kayo 8 is one of my favorite characters, and I have a few of the other characters from DAZ that are based on her. One of them is Zhi. After posing her for the first time, Zhi's fingers get distorted- bent unnaturally and elongated-  in any pose I use. This happens any time I move her out of the "A pose" using any pose set, including the base G8 female poses. None of my other Kayo based characters have this issue (nor do any of my other characters from DAZ or other sources). 

What do I need to check to find where the issue is?

I'm running DAZ 4.16.0.3.

Post edited by gfdamron1 on

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

Edit->Figure->Rigging->Adjust Rigging to shape

• gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 204
    edited December 2021

Thanks for the reply- that solved the issue! Simple enough, and now I'm aware of another tool we have.

Post edited by gfdamron1 on
  • Please report this to support, after checking you are not missing an update.

• I just sent this issue to support.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,445

Loads okay for me. Were any other morphs active at the time?

• Mine loads okay as well, but when I use any pose sets, that's when the riggging issues with the hands, fingers and wrists become apparent.

What do you mean by "morphs active"? 

DAZ asked for a copy of the log and a video of my monitor as I put her in various poses because they couldn't duplicate the problem, which I sent them. I wonder what they'll find.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,445

I loaded Zhi and tried a few poses, and didn't see any distortion. There have been a couple of incidents where another character's morphs, or more likely, corrective morphs, kicked in when they shouldn't. You can see what is active in the Parameters tab. If nothing spurious shows, right-click the tab, Preferences - Show Hidden Parameters.

Just applying a simple pose drives dozens of JCMs (Joint Corrective Morphs) for the whole body, but you can narrow the list by filtering by the finger bones (index, mid, ring, pinky, thumb). There should be a few for each finger, and you can check to see what is driving the morph by clicking the gear icon on the right side of the control dial and selecting Parameter Settings. It might take a little detective work to find which controller is not working properly. Examine each of the Sub-Components and Controllers tabs to see if any names stand out.

There should be things like "ERC [DeltaAdd] > {selected bone}:Bend" and "ERC [Multiply] > Zhi:Base Joint Correctives" in the Controllers tab. The first is the base corrective, and the second is how much is used for that particular character. If there are any other characters in there, that would be a potential source of trouble. Sub-Components are what the controller drives in turn.