Noob needs help with some lighting advice

So I started learning Daz a few years back but had to leave do to some personal issues. I came back and started to watch tutorials online wanting to get serious about this. I have watched several lighting tutorials but obviously I can't grasp it fully as you can see by my first render. One eye seems to be messed up and I believe it is probably due to light reflection and I also realized the nose is red and by the time I realized this I also realized once renedered I could not go back and change it lol. Any tips on lighting would be greatly appreciated or maybe I am missing something crucial like how to really position the lights and where?.

Lost and found.jpg
1588 x 1270 - 324K

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

That looks fine actually, Sakura 8 just has some weird-looking eyes. And the nose is red because of subsurface scattering, which is good. You want that.

If you want to change the eyes, you'll need to use another figure. Try Kanade 8 instead.

Since light traveling through fair skin will naturally turn red-pink, it would be better to adjust the colors in an image editor after you render, or change the white balance in the tonemapper.

• Ah really? well thank you very much and here I thought I was messing up somehow lol.This gives me some hope now:)

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

On second look, one of her pupils does look smaller than the other, but that's not a lighting issue. There's probably just a morph making it smaller. Select an object and then select "Currently Selected" to see if any morphs are applied.

• Ok thank you:) I knew it was not my imagination lol