Help for the raw beginner

I've spent the last week watching tutorials and poking around the "Help" files,and they all seem to be based on the assumption that they user already knows how to control the basic functions.

I spent all afternoon figuring out how to zoom in on the face of a figure because there is nothing, anywhere, that tells me how to do it.

And then it takes an hour because you can only move up a couple inches at a time...

There's got to be a better way!!

And once you load a pose, is there a way to unload it and put in a different one? I haven't figured that out yet

Comments

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,849

dragonoake said:

I've spent the last week watching tutorials and poking around the "Help" files,and they all seem to be based on the assumption that they user already knows how to control the basic functions.

I spent all afternoon figuring out how to zoom in on the face of a figure because there is nothing, anywhere, that tells me how to do it.

Right at the bottom of the screen are the Interactive Lessons which contain a lesson on the Viewport Controls.

And then it takes an hour because you can only move up a couple inches at a time...

No, it doesn't.

There's got to be a better way!!

And once you load a pose, is there a way to unload it and put in a different one? I haven't figured that out yet

Yes. You load a different pose. The same way you did the first one.

• Select the head, by clicking it in the Viewport or from the list in the Scene pane, and press ctrl F (cmd F on a Mac) to frame the selected item(s). Note that this can misbehave if the selected items are far from the origin.

Undo should remove a pose, if applied immediatelt afterwards, or theer is Edit>Figure>Zero>Zero Figure Pose.

• OK, I figured out how to re-set the defaults (I probably screwed up a lot of things trying to figure things out) and the Cube works again, and the Orbit tool does somethiing, evgen if I haven't figured out what its for yet :-)