question about strand based hair

Hi, i'm currently trying to create strand based hair and i've got a little problem with the coloration. i get these extremely dark patches in the hair and i think it has to do with the orientation of the hair and also at what angle you look at it because the pattern changes if you change the point of view. some individual hairs are also a lot darker than the other hairs around them.  i would like to remove this effect so that the hair color is more even. what option do i have to change here?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Please post a render, with clothes on the figure or cropped in close enough nott o show any forbidden areas>

• Kim Jong PingKim Jong Ping Posts: 3
    edited November 2021

ok i've quickly made a few. but it's a bit weird when i loaded up the figure first fresh after starting daz the hair looked a lot less bad. it still had a strange color difference that i don't want but way less. it is the strangstrandbasedhair2.

before, it looked like strangestrandbasedhair1 but instead of beeing mostly dark it was the other way around, mostly lighter with darker areas. i guess it depends on the point of view. reloading the file again changed nothing. strangstrandbasedhair3 after reloading and changing the color a bit.

StrangeStrandbasedhair2.JPG
    884 x 632 - 89K
    StrangeStrandbasedhair1.JPG
    837 x 480 - 70K
    StrangeStrandbasedhair3.JPG
    910 x 627 - 136K
    Post edited by Kim Jong Ping on
  • here i brushed the hair around a bit. first render with glossy layer weight 0.5. then with 0. 0 looks better but it's still not good.

GLweight05.JPG
    870 x 568 - 79K
    GLweight0.JPG
    858 x 594 - 89K
  • I trust you're aware that some of the hair you have brushed into the head geometry.

• Kim Jong PingKim Jong Ping Posts: 3
    edited November 2021

Catherine3678ab said:

I trust you're aware that some of the hair you have brushed into the head geometry.

The hair i created is just an experiment. i think that in the areas, where you think that i brushed the hair into the geometry, i didn't apply hair. on the last two pictures i can see a slit in the hair could be that there the hair got inside the geometry. but those areas aren't concerning me, i want to remove that effect that probably should be glossiness. in my first reply i wrote that some patches of hair are a lot darker than the rest of the hair. well it really depends on the angel from where i look at it.  i think this is supposed to be glossiness or some other effect, when you brush with your hands over certain fabrics they will also change color because the hairs are in a different angle to the light. but i don't want that or at least reduce it so much that it isn't really noticeable anymore.

Post edited by Kim Jong Ping on