How to use FaceGen

New here at Daz3D, very new.

I just recently bought FaceGen and I was looking forward to using it, but I literally have to clue on how to use it as there seems to be no tutorials online about it. So if anyone could help real quick, that would be very appreciated. Very, very appreciated. I mean, you will be my best friend for life if you helped me.

Daz3D is very confusing, very confusing. To the point that I think it should be illegal of how confusing it is. It also seems to require way to much manual work to the point it irriates me. It is irriatating my eyes a lot trying to look through Daz3D.

Comments

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,149
    edited October 2021

I'm assuming you're talking about this app. https://www.daz3d.com/facegen-artist-pro

FaceGen is a standalone program that doesn't need DAZ Studio to run. Just download it (I did it from the Product Library. There's a 32 bit and 64 bit version) and install. But you will need photos to work from. A front facing one, and left & right profile pics. You connect the dots as you follow the prompts. Then there's adjustments you can do (they're in other tabs) before saving your results, which can be used in DAZ Studio, after you've saved them.

But before you save, I strongly advise you to look at your DAZ folder directory. Usually, between Public Documents or Documents, for Windows users, depending on how you've set up DAZ. Otherwise, they'd be saved into the wrong spot and you'll never see them.

Post edited by MimicMolly on
  • charlescharles Posts: 810

If you just jumped into Daz and got the FaceGen program and wanting to use it, you may very well get confused. However Daz isn't really THAT confusing, you just don't know what's going on yet. Check out some beginner tutorials online or youtube. Play with it some, learn how to add stuff to your scene, pose characters add lights, backgrounds, adjust materials and render pictures. THEN I would say go for FaceGen.