How do I put the 'Smile Face' Material on to the Sewer floor?

edited October 2021 in New Users

Hello Daz3D Luminaries,

How do I put the 'Smiley Face' Material on to the Sewer Floor?

See screen grab in the post below:

I'd appreciate any help you can give with this.

Regards,

Kyle.

Post edited by kyleprometheus_d1f25abfdd on

Comments

• edited October 2021

Here it is, attached.

Screenshot 2021-10-04 at 21.40.18.png
    4096 x 2304 - 2M
    Post edited by kyleprometheus_d1f25abfdd on
  • I don't have that set but the icon says it is a Layered image preset, so it should add an overlay to the existing texture which will show in all textured modes (because it is changing the map used). If it isn't working with just the model selected try clicking on the floor with the Surface Selection Tool from the Tools menu (which will select both the model and the surface group on the model)

• Hello Richard,

Thank you for your help.  I tried clicking on the floor with the Surface Selection Tool from the Tools Menu and...it won't 'go' onto the hall floor (highlighted in yellow) in the attached image.

I did try the further perimeter of the Sewer...and it will 'load' there.  (You can still the 'smiley' face peaking out beyond the hall floor.). Strange.  I don't know how you resize or move textures in Daz3D.  (Still relatively new at Daz3D.)

So...the 'smiley' face kinda works...it doesn't seem to want to go where I want to put it.

Regards,

Kyle.

Screenshot 2021-10-07 at 21.25.51.png
    4096 x 2304 - 2M
  • You could try hiding the selected item after that first click, then if the floor you want remains try clicking again - it's possible that the tool is not picking the correct thing if there are several overlapping parts.

• I see what you mean.  Cheers, Richard,  I'll give that a try.

Kyle.