could someone make a plugin for modeling room? - cut/connect multiple selected edges

MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

or a way to evenly space out rows of selected edges?

cut/connect multiple selected edges. (like wings3d)
i like my edge rows to be distributed as consistantly as possible,
when possible, extra specially for architexture.

so basically, would calculate length of selected edge and do the math to divide by thirds, fourths, etc
then add the verts,

maybe a formula equation method?

i really liking the bridge with segments. could be a possible workaround. but that much work will take the fun out of it.
if it's not enjoyable and relaxing, there's no point really.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175
    edited December 1969

Unfortunately, there is no entry in the SDK to make a plugin for the modelling room.
    The only room we can add command to is the assembly room.

The vertex editor already a plugin in itself and there is no API to access it.
    The only way possible would be to create an alternative modelling room with the additional commands. But it would require the user to change room to access the new commands.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Oh. :down:

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,087
    edited December 1969

You just gave me a brilliant idea!!!
    That storyboard room, is it a plugin too? Fenric, F1oat, anybody can you kill it????

• Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175
    edited December 1969

You just gave me a brilliant idea!!!
    That storyboard room, is it a plugin too? Fenric, F1oat, anybody can you kill it????

Would be nice, never used it and if ever I click by mistake on the tool, it usually freeze Carrara for quite a while.

Unfortunately, it's packed in the 3dview plugin, along with a lot of useful stuff :-)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

i think the snap to grid option is going to be a workable solution to evenly spacing rows. instead of the cut in thirds

so, if each big grid square is a ft, then the mini grid lines ... divide by 4, carry the 1, :lol: