artist/filmmaker who uses Carrara professionally

scottidog2scottidog2 Posts: 319
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I came across this interesting site of a filmmaker who puts Carrara to good use.

http://www.markusrothkranz.com/carrara_3d/index.html

Comments

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,227
    edited December 1969

Interesting guy. A good quote: "Most 3D apps do the same nowadays- it's just a matter of which interface you like the best- and this one is my favorite. It has such a FUN interface it makes work feel more like play." I tend to agree, based on my experience with both Carrara and Lightwave ... both are great, but Carrara for me seems like more fun.

• starboardstarboard Posts: 452
    edited December 1969

Did anybody look at Rothkrantz's promo on this website for his movie Iceberg... Quite interesting it is quite a few minutes long......Who is for investing in an iceberg while the berg market is down. It looks like he uses Carrara for the ship models and Psunami ( an AE plugin) for the water. It is a good website and a good plug for Carrara

Thanks Scottidog2 ( PS Teaka was my dog....ergo MsTeaka)

• DADA_universeDADA_universe Posts: 336
    edited December 1969

That website is a really good text book on compositing (of all things!) using Carrara. He's fearless, he just gets on with it (without fretting over what the rest of the world thinks about Carrara or not) and does great stuff. Did anyone notice the time he quotes for getting each shot done in Carrara? What if he spent more time trying to get each shot to be spotless......really inspirational stuff, I've book marked the site. Thanks for sharing.

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited February 2015

Interesting...the guy has some very nice stuff. Clearly he has some industry background and has spent a lot of time and effort into producing some very nice concept stuff. I love his "Atomic City" TV show ideas. Looks like he gathered a bunch of actor/actress buddies and they put together some great concepts. I wish some of that stuff made it to real TV... I would definitely watch Atomic City... :) :)

And apparently he sidelines as a "healer", and sells healing videos and books so you can change your life, heal yourself and everything around you, live for free, etc....

Kinda funny. I wonder if he's related to the Dreamlight guy, who sidelines as a "get rich quick" and improve your life guy. :) :) :) :)

Maybe it's something about Carrara that attracts people who are, well, kinda different. :) :) :)

Post edited by JoeMamma2000 on
  • JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

Looks like he directed one film, "To the Ends of Time". And it starred Christine Taylor :) :) :) Nice.... :) :) :)

And it looks like he was a cameraman and VFX guy. But seems like all of that was back in the 90's. Since then all the references to him are associated with the healing stuff. Too bad. I like the guy's style.