Mimic can not analyse this sound

VoidOVoidO Posts: 47
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Been using Mimic Pro for Carrara many times with no problem.

This time, when I select the sound file, it says "Mimic can not analyse this file. Please select another one."

It works when I open a demo.wav that come with the software, and when I take a 6 year old recording. Why not today's recording? Anyone knows what's going on? Is there any known limit to a .wav?

All is in 44.1khz, 32-bit float. (the demo file, my file from 6 years ago, and today's file)

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,087
    edited December 1969

I get this with all my SAPI 4 text to speech voices, the SAPI 5 ones work ok no matter how I process the wav.
    never really solved it and asked on forum many times, they work in DAZ lipsync.
    Only way I have gotten them to work sometimes is to use a mimic sample voice in Audacity with it in another track and mute the sample voice exporting the wav file.

• VoidOVoidO Posts: 47
    edited December 1969

Dang! I just found a solution.

As I tried to convert from one type of .wav to another (frequency, bits...) I put my soundfile on the desktop, and Mimic could load it. When I put it back in my sound folder, Mimic could not load them anymore.

Solution: put the sound files in the same folder as the .car file that loads them. Pffff! lame bug.

Case resolved for me.