can't fix Out of Focus render

Hello, I've been rendering for years with no problems until now. Have not changed my computer set up either. See attachments. My renders are coming out super blurry. Initially I had Daz default settings: Dept of Focus OFF, Denoisers OFF, Allow CPU fallback ON. I've read several threads here & elsewhere to turn these on / off. I've tried turning on DOF and putting only my character in place. No change. I've tried only rendering the character with no scene/background, changing the lighting, rendering closer up (even though I've rendered full body just fine before), and increasing render quality via samples, time, etc. It looks the same no matter what I change. So odd! Any ideas what could be happening? Help much appreciated.

Sidenote I do have a geoshell on for a plastic-y finish but I've rendered with that before and it didn't create this blur. And I don't think it's a render quality thing as it's not pixelated, just blurry. Looks rly different from any render I've ever done. Also using a camera not perspective view.

Thank u !

Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 1.12.54 PM.png
550 x 491 - 474K
Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 2.43.12 PM.png
886 x 1604 - 306K

Comments

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,849

Go to the camera and set the focal point where it needs to be.

• Ascania said:

Go to the camera and set the focal point where it needs to be

tried that- I put the character in the box where it's focusing on but no change. unless there's a specific parameter you mean? thank u.

• I guess you can't delete a thread but this has been resolved. Embarassing (lol) but all I did was reset render settings to default and everything went back to normal. Must have moved something without realizing it at some point- I did look through every parameter to see what it could have been and couldn't find it. Only resetting to defaults worked.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,995

No need to delete the thread. It might help someone else searching for info on the same problem.

• It did.  lol

Thanks!