3D paint missing in action

starboardstarboard Posts: 452
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Happy Sunday modeling

Is this a common event. - or am I just lucky. I have Carrara Pro 8.5 and I have used the paint tool before...but now it is not there on the tool bar. I have looked for it in the menus but its not there either. Will I have to re-load the whole program ? Does this happen often ? I have tried playing with primitives so as to bring it up - but no go.

Starboardtack.

Comments

• Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited December 1969

It's in the upper left corner.

Are you sure you have Carrara 8.5 Pro opened?
    Don't think it comes with standard versions.

3d_paint.jpg
    160 x 95 - 6K
  • starboardstarboard Posts: 452
    edited December 1969

Design Acrobat,
    That is where it is supposed to be..but it is not there. I was using it a few days ago... but now I can't find it. It says that it is 8.5 pro...strange.

Starboardtack

Menu_bar.jpg
    599 x 649 - 58K
    edited December 1969

I did have 8.5 on my hard drive. I bought it first. Then a couple of months later I upgraded to Pro. So both were on my hard drive. I only had the alias for the Pro on my desk top which is what I used to boot up the program. I have just taken the 8.5 regular and dumped it into the trash and booted up the 8.5 Pro but it does not seem to make any difference. I will try re-starting my computer and see if that helps....

starboardtack

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,087
    edited December 1969

It is a different serial number, check you have it registered with the right one under help about
    you may need to enter other one in your account and restart

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,087
    edited December 1969

Also I see you have dragged your icons around
    which is all to easy to do unintentionally
    are they all docked? The set with physics wand, spanner and hand etc

edited December 1969

I just checked "My Orders" It appears I bought them at the same time.. So they must both load at the same time..I have pulled the regular out of the garbage and placed it back in the Applications folder. I will check the serial number and make sure it is correct.

Starboard

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

You are missing all of your "3D View Tools".
    Right click in the empty tool bar space and select "3D View Tools" from the pop-up menu.

3d_view_tools.png
    309 x 283 - 41K
    edited January 2015

msteaka said:
    Design Acrobat,
    That is where it is supposed to be..but it is not there. I was using it a few days ago... but now I can't find it. It says that it is 8.5 pro...strange.

Starboardtack

Your icon for 8.5 pro 64 bit looks like the older versions of Carrara (before 7?)

Your icon from your photo is on the left and the icon I get for Carrara 8.5 64 bit is on the right.

I'm on Windows 8.1, maybe that makes a difference.

Edit:
    [quote0You are missing all of your “3D View Tools”.
    Right click in the empty tool bar space and select “3D View Tools” from the pop-up menu.]

Good catch d3an, that hides the paint brush among other things :)

carrara_85_icon.jpg
    559 x 148 - 19K
    Post edited by Design Acrobat on
    edited December 1969

Hi again,
    There is something strange going on. When I go to the serial number (top left corner) it says that the trial version has expired. I tried putting in the serial number twice, Each time it says that it will restart the program. It does but when it restarts it is the same as before..No painter 3D. I bought the Pro version last march for about ..I guess it was $285 after some discount or other..don't remember.. But as you can see I bought the Pro. See attachement. So what is going on?

The part of the account that involves Carrara still appears active..so should I have Carrara Uninstalled then installed once more.

Starboardtack

Receipt.jpg
    1063 x 253 - 33K
    edited January 2015

msteaka said:
    Hi again,
    There is something strange going on. When I go to the serial number (top left corner) it says that the trial version has expired. I tried putting in the serial number twice, Each time it says that it will restart the program. It does but when it restarts it is the same as before..No painter 3D. I bought the Pro version last march for about ..I guess it was $285 after some discount or other..don't remember.. But as you can see I bought the Pro. See attachement. So what is going on?

The part of the account that involves Carrara still appears active..so should I have Carrara Uninstalled then installed once more.

Starboardtack

When you install it, "run it as an administrator" if you are running windows. You can choose that by right clicking on the icon and choosing.

Post edited by Design Acrobat on
    edited December 1969

de3an

You did it that was it..Right click/3D view tools ,,,,I was really thinking the program had become corrupted..And it said it was a trial version - don't know what is going on there...That is even odder..But if it works ..Back to happy modeling. Thanks again for great analysis.

Starboardtack.. Can't help wondering how many more traps are out there ?

edited December 1969

And thanks Design Acrobat, Wendy cats, for helping out. I checked the "Search Forum" at the top of the page and tried everything I could think of before enlisted your help..This forum is marvelous. I wish there was some troubleshooting listing so that these problems and solutions could be logged for others.

Thanks again

Starboardtack

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135
    edited December 1969

msteaka said:
    And thanks Design Acrobat, I wish there was some troubleshooting listing so that these problems and solutions could be logged for others.

We used to have a sticky thread for Carrara issues but it got unstickied. The Daz folks say it was unstickied because programmers didn't find it useful for de-bugging. Totally ignored my plea that we users found the thread a great resource for the reason you just gave.

But I'm not bitter. :sick: