Parameter Filters

JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Is there anyone out there who can quickly throw together a little code that will allow you to filter out the non-zero morph parameters from the huge list of morph parameters? There can be hundreds of morph parameters in a character, and if all you care about is the non-zero ones that are being used it's incredibly tedious to sort thru all of them looking for only those being used. There's already some code to filter thru the parameter names, now if they can just filter the values it would be awesome.

Please. :)

Parameters.JPG
220 x 883 - 55K

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,969
    edited December 1969

Good idea , Fenric is the man.

• FenricFenric Posts: 351
    edited December 1969

Doable... sort of.

I would have to make a new dialog for showing the morphs - that list isn't exposed to plug-ins. It would look more like the list in the sequencer than that parameter list

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,969
    edited December 1969

Thanks Fenric !

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

Thanks. The important thing is that the new list still allows you to change the morph dials. I'm envisioning that you're working on a character that has, say, 10 of the hundreds of morph parameters actually being used, and the rest are zeroed. And you load the character, and want to see what dials are being used, and you also want to tweak those particular dials.

It's too bad that parameters list isn't open to plugins...I suppose that if you make a plugin like we're discussing you have to pretty much duplicate all of the functionality in the existing Parameters tab, huh? Bummer.

• MythmakerMythmaker Posts: 606
    edited December 1969

Good suggestion Joemama. Second that.

Also a one click reset button will help simplify repetitious tasks.

We need a "plugin request" master topic I think... I got a few in mind...