Unable to Render-Renderer is already in use

GeneralDeeGeneralDee Posts: 132
edited December 2014 in New Users

I get the error message (Renderer is already in use) every now and then when I attempmt a render for the first time in a session and I end up restarting DAZ. Is there a way to overcome this without having to restart and reload? What would cause this error?

Post edited by GeneralDee on

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,879
    edited December 1969

Are you using LAMH hair plugin?
    I've seen that happen when a LAMH render derails.

• GeneralDeeGeneralDee Posts: 132
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Are you using LAMH hair plugin?
    I've seen that happen when a LAMH render derails.

No, not using that.
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,633
    edited December 1969

I've had it happen when I cancelled renders before (although not with the current version of DS, more with 4.5). Restarting DAZ Studio is the only thing that worked for me.

• HeckbarthHeckbarth Posts: 61
    edited July 2019

Just stumbled on this old thread. For me even closing didn't help as the DAZ Studio process was hanging in the background (W10 64Bit).

Only killing the process via the Task Manager solved my problem (restarting would also have worked out).

Post edited by Heckbarth on
  • stitlownstitlown Posts: 282

Just adding that this is an occasional issue for me too. ATM the only solution I know is kill Daz and start over

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,270

Sometimes just for fun, I'll play R.Roulette with all those nifty references to things involving D/S in the Task Manager. Once in awhile it works.

• stitlownstitlown Posts: 282

Catherine3678ab said:

Sometimes just for fun, I'll play R.Roulette with all those nifty references to things involving D/S in the Task Manager. Once in awhile it works.

oooooh.  I don't suppose you've remembered which ones might be the culprit.  But thanks for the heads up. I'll give it a whirl too next time.  Cheers.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,270
    edited July 2022

No, but I was targeting not the main D/S exe but those other parts that go with D/S of which there were multiple instances for some unknown-to-me reason.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Morning folks, I just wanna point out some few things about "unable to render" issue,

• Can be fixed by restarting DAZ;
    • Updating GPU driver and Windows, might work. But, I haven't give a try;
    • Can be caused by a heavy asset that I put D-former and Push Modifier at the same time.
      • It seems my scene starts rendering when I remove this particular asset; 
    • There are some clothes and a Genesis 8.1 that was automatically set to Subdivision Level to 3 when I load it;
    • Best bet this issue was caused by heavy load of assets;

Keep in mind, this is what happen to me. People experience with this issue may vary.