Does Carrara 8.5 Pro Support auto-fit for gen 2 female?

revenger681revenger681 Posts: 156
edited December 2014 in Carrara Discussion

Here at the store they say no: C8.5 Pro stating only Genesis is supported atm. Does this mean no clothing or hair will work with g2f in Carrara 8.5 pro?

The page begins by saying "provides seamless support for the Genesis and Genesis 2 3D model figures you know and love", Then it states down in the feature section that "AutoFit does not currently work on Genesis 2". I'd be bummed out if I could only use the base models/morphs, but not any clothing with my G2F's such as V6, A6, etc.

I'm still considering getting it, Upgrading from C6 Pro should be worth it (unless I find out C9 is right around the corner, lol)

carrara.png
1920 x 1200 - 491K
Post edited by revenger681 on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,087
    edited December 1969

clothes for G2M & F will work
    as will stuff autofitted in DAZ studio and saved as a support asset
    you may get pokethrough as no smoothing collision but poke away will help fix it and turning down opacity on underlying surfaces

• revenger681revenger681 Posts: 156
    edited December 1969

Oh ok, Thanks for clearing that up Wendy. So I assume hair will work in a similar method? I've been lurking around the store just dying for the price to drop down a notch, looks like this is my chance for :)

Right now in C6 pro if I have poke through I just go into the modeling room and create a new morph or drag the polygons around a touch, that's no big deal to me. BUT if it didn't fit at all and I had to completely modify the clothing manually that would be way beyond my skill level.

edited December 1969

actually I just tried autofitting some V4 clothes in carrara (I have the Mallenlane V4) and all worked fine except the shoes

edited December 1969

what will not work is dialing in other shapes
    I need to load as a character

edited December 1969

Cool, good to know. I went ahead and picked 8.5 pro up. I've had DAZ studio christmas card rendering for 4 hrs, 45 minutes and it's 29% finished. Can't wait for it to get done, then I'll mess with Carrara. Anxious to see if render nodes helps my rendering speed too, if 9nly DS had that feature.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135
    edited December 1969

I think you'll be very happy with the decision.

To the extent that you intend to use genesis and genesis2 content in Carrara, I post a link to a thread that might have some useful tips and alerts. It is not in any logical order, but it might help you anticipate some common issues, and more quickly avoid or resolve inconveniences that inevitably arise.

Welcome aboard and ask questions in the forum and share your insights whenever you get a chance.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/45361/

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 2014

Cool, good to know. I went ahead and picked 8.5 pro up. I've had DAZ studio christmas card rendering for 4 hrs, 45 minutes and it's 29% finished. Can't wait for it to get done, then I'll mess with Carrara. Anxious to see if render nodes helps my rendering speed too, if 9nly DS had that feature.

The nodes work wonders on render times!

Just make sure the nodes go on the client machine and not the main machine. If you get any plugins or custom leaf shapes, such as from a Howie Farkes scene, they will need to be installed on the node machines as well.

For some inspiration and great tips, check out the Learning tips and tricks thread, started by diomede. It is a list of links to all the past and present Carrara Render Challenge WIP threads, including the current one.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/45254/

There's also the, Carrara Information Manual thread started by Dartanbeck, also stickied:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/15970/

Happy rendering!

Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for all the information guys! diomede64, Thanks for that link! I skimmed through it since you posted it here... Lots of good tips on getting things to look right. I had the C8.5 beta for a while and had no issues with Genesis (seems to work fine atm too), too bad about G2F though, but there are some excellent work arounds posted on there and tips to make clothing look great.

Thanks as well Evilproducer & Wendy!

My main computer that I do everything on is an Athlon 64 X2 dual core 2.8ghz with 8 gigs ram.... It's slow for this kind of stuff. When I'm using reality and if no one is using their computers I sneak over to them with luxconsole and network them up for two additional computers, each with intel 4-core 3.0 processors, works great! lol. Since they hit the road all the time for work I usually get to use the other computers in the house at least once a wk.

I'm looking forward to seeing if Carrara's render nodes work equally as well. I noticed it says that nodes only work in batch render mode. I'll have to give that a shot.

I also fired up C8.5 Pro finally for a few moments, looked great but G2f had those creases I originally asked about in another thread here. Fixed in DAZ studio (render shading rate, and SSS shading rate), I fixed those for reality too. Now: Time to find out why Carrara has them in Genesis 2 female. lol.

edited December 1969

expensive to buy Octane at least but one option is GPU rendering if you want to upgrade a, new graphics card often an easy option
    I have Octane for DAZ studio and am considering treating myself to the Carrara plugin soon too
    have been using iClone for years which is also GPU based
    the thing is gaming computers are popular so often cheaper than the sort of thing you need for normal 3D rendering and these spiffy new unbiased GPU renderers use that function..