Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H Socket 1150 Intel Z97 Chipset
WD Green 2TB 3.5" HDD
ADATA 256 SSD
Sapphire Radeon R7 240 4GB Video
Thermaltake Smart Power 750W
16GB RAM
NZXT Phantom 410 Special Edition WHITE/BLUE Trim Crafted Mid Tower Case
Sindows 8.1 Pro

Previous computer I had DIM install the content to a network drive which is still attached.

I Installed DIM then DAZ studio 4.7 then Carrara 8.5
after pointing Dim to the Network drive and downloading a file to confirm it was putting it there. I checked to see the CMS was running, I started up DAZ Studio and reimported the Metadata. which took less than a second for 3700 items so I exited the programs stopped and restarted CMS, then DIM, then Studio. this still did not fix it. I confirmed that it indicated that it was connected to CMS in the troubleshooting file it indicated connected to CMS
I rebooted the terminal installe the POSTGRES update, rebooted again, stopped/started the CMS, DIM and then DAZ Studio. Re Imported the metadata again which took about 1 hour. I could see the content in the smart content tab.
I then started up Carrara and when I check the smart content tab I get a connection to DB error and nothing is displayed. althogh on the content tab I can find all my files after I mapped the correct folder.
I installed the public beta of CArrara 8.5 and started it it connects to the CMS but shows no content in any of the alphabetical listings. or anywhere else in the smart content tab.
I have noticed that if I reboot the computer I need to stop and start the cms and re import metadata in daz studio.

Any ideas?

I still have the installers for DAZ studio 4.5, first 4.6 and a more recent installer for 4.6 from last year.

Comments

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    edited December 1969

Well, after fiddling for 8 hrs last night I was not able to get the original 8.5 download to conect to CMS but I installed the Beta 8.5 Update and it connected to the CMS and I can find some smart content now and I am able to find things again
    I will keep trying to find out what is happening.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The public (non Beta) version of Carrara 8.5 cannot use the PostgreSQL db at all, it need to have CMS/Valentina installed.

The 8.5 Beta version can use PostgreSQL.

edited December 1969

I have confirmed at each stage that CMS is Running under my processes I have started and stopped the CMS, I have kept DIM running at the same time as Carrara and It still will not connect to the CMS.

That is why I thought of using the Beta and it connected right away.

In the Processes it shows CMS running and mutiples of the PostgreSQL.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If you have instances of postgre.exe then PostgreSQL is installed OK. It doesn't need CMS as far as I know, I removed it from my system.

All of my content, even Smart Content works perfectly in DAZ Studio, but I cannot get the 8.5 Beta to connect to PostgreSQL at all, so I have no Smart Content in 8.5 of either version.

edited December 1969

After a few more reboots and start and stop of CMS re importing the metadata in DAZ Studio I now have smart content in both versions on the new system mapping to the network drive.
    Thanks for the help anyways