S.E.Asian Duel (2 Poses, A Prop, + 2 'Handy' Scripts)

3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
edited February 2013 in Freebies

A paired (static) pose set for Poser Or DAZ Studio.
(Tested with Poser 6/8/9, DAZ Studio 3 and DAZ Studio 4/4.5 on a Windows 7 PC)
(Feedback received that it all works okay in DS4.5 on a MAC)

*** Feedback on whether the 'PropGoto+' and 'Dha Smart+' scripts work in Poser on a MAC would still be greatly appreciated ***

Deep in the Asian jungle they face each other across the clearing, each armed with a pair of dha, the long-handled, slightly curved, single edged swords of the region. A sudden lunge with a powerful right hand blow - the opponent ducks and blocks deflecting the vicious swing overhead. The right-hand counterattack was anticipated and is solidly blocked too. But who are the two combatants? Any pair of 28 supported figures...

What's included:
1) A paired pose (individually adjusted versions for the 28 supported figures - see list below)
2) A simple South East Asian sword ('dha') prop with a basic rattan and steel texture (Poser and DAZ materials) and eight simple morphs to allow the variety of shapes of the real-world dha.
3) A 'DhaGrip' hand pose for each of the 28 figures
4) Two scripts (DAZ Studio and Poser 6 versions of both) that replace the need for a smartprop. Each script places the prop in the selected hand of the selected figure (provided the figure is one of the 28) regardless of pose or position in the scene, and automatically applies the correct 'DhaGrip' hand pose.
- the 'PropGoto+' script works on any dha prop in the scene.
- the 'Dha Smart+' loads a new dha prop first.
(N.B. there may be problems with the scripts on a MAC or for Poser 7+. More details on my website and in the readme. Feedback appreciated - that way I can fix any problems)

More information and images on my website (includes a link to a YouTube video showing a 360 degree view of the paired pose with two M3 figures)
Download (~5.5MB) from ShareCG or Renderosity

Supported Figures
- DAZ Gen 3: Aiko 3, David, Hiro 3, Laura 3, Luke 3, Michael 3, Stephanie Petite 3, The FREAK, The Girl, Victoria 3.
- DAZ Gen 4: Michael 4, Victoria 4 (should work with all variants, e.g. Aiko 4, etc)
- DAZ Gen 5: Genesis (base figure),
- Poser 5: P5 Don, P5 Judy.
- Poser 6: P6 James, P6 Jessi, Miki 2.
- Poser 7: G2 James, G2 Jessi.
- Sixus 1: Behemoth, PH Female, PH Male.
- Others: Antonia, Apollo, F202 Dollie, Kirwyn's K, MayaDoll.

ShareCGPromo1(500x500).jpg
500 x 500 - 78K
Post edited by 3dcheapskate on

Comments

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

This is a stunningly comprehensive set, Pete -- I'm totally impressed. I was expecting a few mundane swordfight poses, but you've really done outstanding work. I'll try and get a render done and post it here. Thanks a lot!

• KalypsoKalypso Posts: 208
    edited December 1969

This is excellent! Thank you very much.

edited June 2012

V3 and A3 in mortal combat ...

DahDuel.jpg
    800 x 711 - 280K
    Post edited by Dorseyland on
  • 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited December 1969

Ooo, nice - I like that! (and quite different from the original paired pose)

Hmmm... a bit of self-criticism highlighted by your piccy - my sword textures aren't too good. I think I spent too much time trying to get them to look just right from a certain angle, in a certain lighting setup, at a certain distance... ignoring the fact that they wouldn't be used that way!

edited December 1969

Not to worry about that, Cheap -- I was going to mention that this was purely a fast render. I was paying little attention to the lighting and none to the textures. I'm sure the swords light up beautifully with a little extra effort. Thanks again!