Sci Fi Funk - Episode 11 preview thread.

Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
edited December 2014 in Carrara Discussion

We are off again, hopefully to release this one mid feb 2015.

100% made in Carrara.

I've struggled to get that Blade Runner look in Octane, and here is a fast way of getting volumetrics (I'll have to watch where the effect ends), along with Octanes trump card: fast rendering with great light fall off.

The 2nd pic is a peak at what Octane does when you Emit a light within the room.

Night_light_quick_light_volumetric_via_bloom_compressed.jpg
448 x 252 - 10K
volumetrics_000038.jpeg
1920 x 1080 - 108K
Post edited by Sci Fi Funk on

Comments

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,227
    edited December 1969

We are off again, hopefully to release this one mid feb 2015.

100% made in Carrara.

I've struggled to get that Blade Runner look in Octane, and here is a fast way of getting volumetrics (I'll have to watch where the effect ends), along with Octanes trump card: fast rendering with great light fall off.

The 2nd pic is a peak at what Octane does when you Emit a light within the room.

Very impressive. I'm a big fan of "Blade Runner", this from Roger Ebert (RIP):

"The special effects were supervised by Douglas Trumbull, whose credits include '2001: A Space Odyssey' and 'Silent Running', and who is about as good as anyone in the world at using miniatures, animation, drawings, optical effects and other ways of tricking the eye. The visual environments he creates for this film are wonderful to behold ..."

I thnk lighting was a big part of it.

Blade_Runner_rachel_tyrell.jpg
    700 x 387 - 99K
  • Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
    edited December 1969

Lighting and the music are just about everything - oh an the world it's set in. :)

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
    edited December 1969

The set has now been completed. It's very Blade Runner like.

A lot of the graft was completed earlier in the year. In the last week I've been reducing it's file size to facilitate animation, and generally tidying the thing up to have a consistent feel.

Tomorrow we complete the lighting, then the animation can commence. :)