How to select my Sasquatch head hair? ^^;

eponicaeponica Posts: 197
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

So I am working on a Sasquatch, made some hair for his head, saved the file and closed it. Next day I made more hair on his arms and neck. Now I want to work with the hair on his head again, this hair has turned blue and I can't figure out how to select it. There is only one 'hair' in the scene tree and it selects the arm and neck sets. I Know this is simple... Really simple... And for the life of me I just can't figure it out... Sorry o_O ; Tried here and Google, but I think this must be so simple no one has asked! ^^

Sasquatch_Fur_1.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 203K

Comments

• eponicaeponica Posts: 197
    edited December 1969

Ah. Got it :)

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

I'm thinking you discovered hair groups and forgot, then remembered again? ;-)

edited December 1969

That's right ^^; And Now I have another question :D

I have my Sasquatch, more or less (see below, still needs work.) Now I want him to be holding a little kitten ^_^ (Of course!) My workflow in DS has been to make and 'groom' all my furry creatures separately, for the sake of computer speed. Then I either merge the two scenes, or save each critter as a scene subset, and load them all one by one when I am setting up my final scene.

So if I start a new Carrara scene and make a kitten, how do I save the kitten to load into the scene with Sasquatch? I don't see many 'Save As...' options. ^^

sasquatchkitten7.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 177K
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

If you wish to create a special folder for your characters, you can create one the normal way for your OS, and then in Carrara, choose the little black icon on the far right side of the browser window and choose Add Folder from the menu.

Then all you have to do is select the top level of your figure in the Instances palette and drag and drop it into the folder of your choice in the Objects Browser.

If the figure is clothed, you can group the figure and clothes together and then drag the group to the Object Browser. For figures that are pre-genesis, it can actually speed up load times. For Genesis I have heard it is a mixed bag for load speeds. I have no direct knowledge of Genesis figures as I use C7.2 Pro and Genesis is not supported.

Picture_2.png
    873 x 343 - 61K
    Picture_1.png
    1106 x 568 - 88K
    edited December 1969

Very nice! Thanks, Evil! :cheese: