Carrara, Physics and Tires

2»

Comments

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

I converted your tires in soft bodies, and all is OK.
    That could be better with vertex tires, the scene must be more natural (deformation at the bounce).

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited December 2014

I was inspired by this thread and have been playing around with it.

Is there a way to save the result of a physics simulation? For example, say I dropped a bunch of bricks or tires and want to save the end result of that to my browser to use in another scene? When I try to select the objects and drag them to my My Objects folder I get the entire sequence and then have to advance the timeline in the new scene and then cannot move or manipulate them in any way - they seem to be stuck on one spot.

What if I just want to save that last frame - is that possible?

Thank you,
    Mark

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

If it's a rigid body, you can convert the animation into keyframes (change "Physics" into "Keyframes").
    You can delete all the keyframes (animation only) except the last ones.
    You could also export as .obj with morphs checked, (it's the only thing to do with the soft bodies).

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited December 2014

If it's a rigid body, you can convert the animation into keyframes (change "Physics" into "Keyframes").
    You can delete all the keyframes (animation only) except the last ones.
    You could also export as .obj with morphs checked, (it's the only thing to do with the soft bodies).

It is a rigid body sim - I'm dropping about 20 "metal coins" onto a flat surface and I'm really happy with result but now I want to drop 20 more on top of the already fallen coins and save the result as just a random pile of coins that I can use in another scene without having to mess with the timeline in the final scene.

When I convert to keyframes all seems to go well but when I then try to delete the earlier keyframes all my coins disappear.

EDIT: nevermind - I figured it out. Thanks DUDU!

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on