Problems with Victoria 4

elinhimeelinhime Posts: 0
edited July 2012 in New Users

I do not have a clue what i'm doing wrong. Please help!

I got Victoria 4. I installed her into my My library folder. (C:\...\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library) And i can see what she ended up in the People folder like i guess she was supposed to.
So far so good.

But when i open Daz studio 4, she is not in the people tag. Genesis is all alone in there... Why?

Post edited by elinhime on

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

V4 is a Poser format Character. Look in your Content Tab under Poser Formats>My Library>Figures for the figure and Poser Formats>My Library>Poses for the Textures and Pose files.

• elinhimeelinhime Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm sorry, but what?

Consider me very, very green at this. I have tryed to look it up in this forum, on the daz page in general and on google. But i have still no clue if i have even installed the Victoria 4 correctly.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/installingcontent/installvictoria4baseds4
    This page seems too be very helpfull, but i think they stopped making the guide halfway through

What i did was install all 3 of the files into C:\Users\...\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library
    I have a feeling that is wrong, but i can't for the life of me figure out where else i am supposed to put them.

• elinhimeelinhime Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

Apparently i'm crap at searching the forum. Found your earlier post about this, and the only problem was that i didn't know where to find her inside Daz. Now i do!

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4028/P15

Post edited by elinhime on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm sorry I had to make a run to the bank. Okay, in DS open the Window Menu select Tabs from the drop down pick Content Library. The Content Library Tab is a search tool just like Smart Content. It can be docked (placed) anyplace you like just by dragging it with the top bar. I put mine with the Smart Content one so I can find all my stuff.

The Smart Content Tab only finds items that come with a Metadata file, the metadata is what makes the items smart. The Content Library Tab is for items that do not have metadata. Lots of stuff is older than DS4 and does not have metadata, and stuff sold at other places will not have Metadata eather. The Content Library Tab is the only way to find those items easily.

Just follow this to open the tab and then do what I said before to find V4 and all her files.

I hope this helps.