Three questions/concerns

asuramaya110asuramaya110 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi I'm very new to Daz3d and have been in brief contact with one of the forum's helpful Admins who has suggested I post three questions I had asked that admin earlier today; hopefully these three problems I am having are easily fixable:

To quote CAP-verbatim from my previous PM:

1. When I had first downloaded Daz3d4Pro I was able to activate the A,W&P
tab and view what I had, then 'suddenly' I was no longer able and still am
no longer able to activate that tab to see its content; naturally I panicked
and uninstalled Daz3d, then reinstalled it hoping that would have solved the
problem, it did not. When I was just about to give up I discovered that the
content library tab basically had everything the A,W&P tab had, so I thought
maybe Daz3d decided to transfer everything from the AWP to the Library but
then after viewing and reading some of the video and written tutorials Daz3d
has kindly put out I realized that wasn't the case; and what I would like to
now know is what exactly could have happened? why isn't the AWP no longer
pulling up the smart content folder?

2. Almost every time I load something from my library to be viewed/displayed
in the main/center screen it says something like 'error Daz3d not
responding' but then it ends up loading (thankfully) anyway.

3. I can not seem to figure out how to 'auto-fit' even the simplest
components on to the genesis-figure for example trying to fit the
magus-shorts on to a genesis female, I can fit the boots and hair just fine
and sometimes the jacket but only with the standard 't-pose' the moment I
change the pose-value everything becomes distorted this does not happen
nearly as much with say A3 and her mech-girl outfit.

I think Daz3d is really cool but these problems I'm having are not cool :( even as
a 'noob' I don't think I should be having these problems.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,523
    edited December 1969

1) Assuming you mean the Actors, Wardrobe and props tab - try reloading your interface layout (Window>Workspace>Select Layout...). I don't know why it would freeze like that, though.

2) Make sure you aren't clicking more than you need to - if you click on the interface while the file is loading you may get warning, especially on recent versions of Windows which have a short time before they decide an application is not responding.

3) Auto-fit is fitting a piece of clothing from an older figure to Genesis. It sounds as if you aren't fitting the Genesis clothing item to the figure at all - there are several ways to do that if it isn't happening automatically (alt-drag from the content pane onto the figure, use the Fit button in the Parameters pane with the clothing selected, or right-click on the clothing and select Fit to from the menu).

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

Okay I'm a little lost on the First Question. What is the A℘? Is that the Smart Content Tab?

2. That happens when the item being loaded takes all your proccessor power. I have an i7 quad and I still see it sometimes. If the item has lots of textures, morphs and or is complex or large the PC just needs time to do all the calculations to load it into the viewport so Daz gets supended untill some of the CPU frees up.

3. With Genesis and items made for Genesis you do not need to AutoFit the items. Just have Genesis Selected in your Scene tab and do a double click on the items icon to load. It should auto fit all by it's self. Auto fit is only needed to put Gen 4 (V4 M4 ect..) clothing on Genesis.

Edit: And I got beat to the draw again. Both are good advice IMHO.

Ah I get it now A℘ is only in the Hollywood Blvd Layout. Window > Workspace >Select Layout and pick Hollywood Blvd.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited July 2012

1... Go to Window > Workspace > Select Layout, and try one of the other layouts. If it is just one tab you are missing, go to Window > Tabs, and select the tab from there, and then dock it by dragging and dropping to where you want it.

2... A bit more information on the error would be helpful. Can you look at the log file near the bottom, just after the error has occurred, in Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File. It is very long, but just look near the bottom of the file.

3... If you select the shorts in the Scene tab, right click on them in the viewport, then select the 'Fit Magus Shorts to..' they should move along with any pose you select. Autofit is something else, it is for fitting Generation 4 clothing to Genesis. All clothing needs to be 'Fit To' the figure, but if you double click on the shorts in the Content Library they should fit to themselves.

EDIT: Double beat :) Must type faster.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • asuramaya110asuramaya110 Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

Thanks everyone I've learned a lot; yes the first question had to do with Actors, wardrobes and props tab; that issue has been solved.

The second issue had never really manifested any visible critical error, just a concern that it might have.

The third problem has been solved as well I have figured out how to dress the genesis figure through posing then doing the clothing.

Thanks once again everyone that was quite quick!

Post edited by asuramaya110 on