made shirt in hexagon Where now?

KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 353
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi, I made a basic shirt in hexagon, moved it to DAZ. What do I need to learn next?

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Now you need to learn all about Rigging and the tools used to rig an item with. I will hunt you a thread that covers those topics. This is above what is commonly considered New User info.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,925
    edited July 2012

Assuming you have already mapped and textured the shirt, you will need to learn how to rig it.

Edited to add: Sorry cross posted

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited December 1969

I did not find a Post, Yet but I did find this. I'm thinking of getting it myself:
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/utilities-resources/tutorials/genesis-starter-kit/

• KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

Thanks, I had a feeling it was rigging. I wanted the terminological to research before going any further.

edited December 1969

Here is the DAZ dox on it so far:
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/publishing/start
    I think this should get you started.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited July 2012

Depends on whether you want to make clothing for Genesis or V4, M4 etc.

It is far easier to rig clothing for Genesis (except long skirts!) than it is V4 and M4.

Lady Little Fox has some excellent (if expensive) tutorials over at RNDA which would help with V4 rigging and also the Fugazi tutorials at Renderosity. Daz shop has two tutorials by Fugazi especially for genesis as well which are very good.

Good luck.

Post edited by Wilmap on
  • KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    Depends on whether you want to make clothing for Genesis or V4, M4 etc.

It is far easier to rig clothing for Genesis (except long skirts!) than it is V4 and M4.

Lady Little Fox has some excellent (if expensive) tutorials over at RNDA which would help with V4 rigging and also the Fugazi tutorials at Renderosity. Daz shop has two tutorials by Fugazi especially for genesis as well which are very good.

Good luck.

I am working with K4 but I will check out those tutors.