figure small size

timmo68timmo68 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I just started and this is a doofus question but something happened and the figures open up really tiny. I can not for the life of me figure out how to zoom in so I can actually see what I am looking at. I have tried the scale button but it makes the figure distorted. I have tried various keys for about 4 hours. Help before I go insane. Thank you

Comments

• Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,235
    edited December 1969

A few questions to help get this rolling for you.

Are you using Daz Studio? If so what version.

Are you loading the figures into a new scene or a preexisting scene?

Which figures are you using? Is it affecting all figure or just a particular one?

• timmo68timmo68 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ooops, Sorry. It is Daz studio 4. I am trying to start a new scene. I have rendered 2 normal size figures before this started. It happens no matter which layout I open. I have been trying the genesis figure. I think I tried the presets also.

edited December 1969

Try selecting the figure and use the camera controls to zoom to selected.
    The camera controls are hidden in the top corner to you mouse over.
    See image below.

Items between poser and Daz share different scaling so this might be part of your issue.
    Though selecting the figure and using parameters scale shouldn't distort the figure.

If you can post a screenshot it may help to diagnose whats happening.

Zoom-to-selected.jpg
    600 x 445 - 14K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This sounds odd. The Camera should be at Default for a new Scene and the figures should load to the Default location at full size. As just said a screen shot would help us see what is going on.

edited December 1969

Okay the first png shows how the figure is small . The second shows how i somehow got the figure bigger but distorted. When I click that frame icon it changes color to yellow but doesn't stay yellow. should it? I'm not sure I did this right, if it doesn't show up I will try again.

daz_3.png
    931 x 748 - 39K
    daz_open.png
    923 x 640 - 29K
    edited July 2012

Is this the perspective view?
    Definitely looks like a camera issue of some kind. Looks similar to Focal length setting changes in the camera setting.
    Though that shouldn't affect scaling the figure.

Perspective-view.jpg
    600 x 528 - 14K
    Post edited by Design Anvil - Razor42 on
    edited December 1969

Try creating a new camera to the scene and see if it is still weird the scaling may just be view distortion from the camera.

edited December 1969

Yes after I clicked on the box

daz_4.png
    1846 x 1080 - 110K
    edited December 1969

i started a new camera and this is how it looks.i opened the camera window too see if there is something wrong there.

daz_6.png
    1846 x 1080 - 135K
    edited December 1969

Did you change the preview view to look through the new camera?
    as below?

Camera1.jpg
    600 x 508 - 15K
    edited December 1969

yes this time :) still nothing.

edited December 1969

Thanks for your help.

My frustration level has gotten too high, so I am done trying for tonight. I will try restarting the pc tonight. maybe that magic will work.

edited July 2012

Okay I think I figured out whats going on.
    Change to your Render tab and change the drop down to active view port.
    You may have a strange aspect ratio going on.

These settings aren't reset with a new scene and will effect all your cameras.

finakl.jpg
    600 x 667 - 23K
    edited July 2012

I've done a few more tests and I'm pretty much certain this is a Solve for this.
    Sorry it took me a bit to get there. I understand how frustrating it can be learning something new and it feels your doing everything right but it still isn't working.
    Let me know if this works for you.
    Sleep well

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,849
    edited December 1969

Camera parameters -> Focal Length

reset it to 65mm

edited December 1969

Ascania said:
    Camera parameters -> Focal Length

reset it to 65mm

It's not the focal length... I thought that at first. But it's on multiple cameras including perspective.

My money is on an out of wack aspect ratio in the render tab.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

@Castework

I think your answer is right. you can help him.:)

I check, set dimension with many "aspect ratio" in render setting, then chenge view ,too.

I can not controlle well if change aspect setting extraordinaly ratio eg 6:1,

it seems difficult to controll setting parameter of camer or perspective view.

I have thought "the ratio" affect only camera view, but it seems change "perspectt view"
    if you toggle view.

it is good "Q and A", will help some people,I think. so I hope this topic sticked in Q and A thread.

aspect.JPG
    720 x 595 - 58K
    edited July 2012

@timmo68 I notice in your screen captures I do not see the Camera controls in the upper right hand corner. If you find those, they might only show in your Render View I see across the top of your layout. If you find the Menu (the lines with the little down arrow) and open it is it set to Show Aspect Frame? If so it will be your Render Aspect that is causing the issue. What is your Render Aspect set to? This is what I get with a Odd Aspect in my Render Settings.

Aspect.jpg
    328 x 422 - 23K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

I think you can solve this by opening your Render Settings and going to the very bottom and clicking Reset to Defaults.

edited July 2012

It was the Render tab! Selecting Restore default settings worked. I have no idea how I messed with those settings. :)

The camera only shows up when I mouse over the settings, that's why it wasn't in the screen shots.

Thanks everybody and a special Thank You to Castleworx for spending all that time!

Post edited by timmo68 on