2 Views Horizontal v 2 Views Vertical

MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
edited November 2014 in Carrara Discussion

Hi all,

Sorry about the very basic question here but sometimes it's the little things that drive you nuts...

I am going through mmoir's Carrara Modeling Tutorials and in the videos he has a view option to split the screen with one camera or the UV view on one side and another camera on the right side. I do not seem to have this option - all I have is a Two Views Horizontal option where the two views are shown one above the other instead of one beside the other. I'd really like the have the side-by-side option since that would sometimes give me more viewing space in each window. The attached screenshots show my screen on the left and the tutorial screen on the right.

Any ideas how I get this option to appear? I've looked through Preferences and all the the options in the View menu and nothing is leaping out at me as a possible fix.

I am using Carrara 8.5 Pro on Windows 7.

Thank you,
Mark

PencilTutProblem.jpg
2000 x 726 - 172K
Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

MDO2010 said:
    Hi all,

Sorry about the very basic question here but sometimes it's the little things that drive you nuts...

I am going through mmoir's Carrara Modeling Tutorials and in the videos he has a view option to split the screen with one camera or the UV view on one side and another camera on the right side. I do not seem to have this option - all I have is a Two Views Horizontal option where the two views are shown one above the other instead of one beside the other. I'd really like the have the side-by-side option since that would sometimes give me more viewing space in each window. The attached screenshots show my screen on the left and the tutorial screen on the right.

Any ideas how I get this option to appear? I've looked through Preferences and all the the options in the View menu and nothing is leaping out at me as a possible fix.

I am using Carrara 8.5 Pro on Windows 7.

Thank you,
    Mark

Click the icon to split the views a second time and it should switch to the side-by-side view.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135
    edited December 1969

Click the icon to split the views a second time and it should switch to the side-by-side view.

I never knew that!!!! Thanks for asking the question, Mark. EP, you are the vertex modeling guru now. Put that spline modeler away. ;-)

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited November 2014

Thank you!

And it also works on the three view one, I see - it rotates the big view around to top,left, bottom, right and back to top. :)

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

diomede64 said:
    [Thanks for asking the question, Mark.

Always happy to ask the dumb questions. ;)

edited December 1969

diomede64 said:

I never knew that!!!! Thanks for asking the question, Mark. EP, you are the vertex modeling guru now. Put that spline modeler away. ;-)

Glad I could help!

Works in the Assembly room as well.

pressing 1, 2, 3, and 4 on the keyboard will switch views, but unfortunately pressing 2 (for example) will not switch mode from horizontal to vertical.

edited December 1969

diomede64 said:

...Put that spline modeler away. ;-)

Never! ;-P

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,969
    edited December 1969

well I never knew that! (whatever evil just said :) )

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Holy crap that's awesome! Thank you Evil!!

Also... holy crap the forum is letting me post again, however briefly. For the past week it has gone all 'error page not found' and logged me out whenever I tried to post or reply... I better post fast before it kicks me out again.

Immensely useful as a vastly prefer the side by side 2 camera view to the horizontal top over bottom 2 camera view. And works the same way in the assembly room too.

Awesome tip EP!

edited December 1969

Jonstark said:
    Holy crap that's awesome! Thank you Evil!!

Also... holy crap the forum is letting me post again, however briefly. For the past week it has gone all 'error page not found' and logged me out whenever I tried to post or reply... I better post fast before it kicks me out again.

Immensely useful as a vastly prefer the side by side 2 camera view to the horizontal top over bottom 2 camera view. And works the same way in the assembly room too.

Awesome tip EP!

Try deleting any and all DAZ cookies to see if that helps with the login issue.

edited December 1969

head wax said:
    well I never knew that! (whatever evil just said :) )

Hence my signature. ;-)