How do I create laser beams and explosions?

galactica1981galactica1981 Posts: 1,251
edited December 1969 in New Users

Would anyone know of the best ways to do this? If they're free, even better. Thanks.

Comments

• flashbackflashback Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

There are different ways to do this, you can buy sets that have explosions (look for Jepe's effects in the store), for lasers a primitive cylinder can be textured for the look you want, these can be rendered in the scene.
    Another way is post-work. Ron Deviney has a lot of photoshop brushes with flames etc, and there are a lot of free brushes available on the internet. (Google is your friend!) You'll need a graphics manipulation program such as Photoshop, Photostudio or Gimp (which is free) for post-work.
    If you are new to postwork you will need to learn how to do it but there are tutorials out there if you look. I think Gimp and some free brushes would be the cheapest (but more difficult for new users). I hope this helps a little.
    John

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

when I try to do it in render I use a mixture of Fantasy and Sci-Fi Effects and pwEffect ( I tend to use pweffect on sphears and such) you do tend to to need to to do some post work as well.

• flashbackflashback Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Oh yes, I use B9999's effects all the time. Good stuff.