runtime vanishing

laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

hello!!! all in the title... this morning, one of the runtimes I use in carrara (poser pro 2012) has desappeared! I have done a restauration of the system, but nope, that runtime stay impossible to find!... anybody has an explanation? (due to the consuming time to install all my daz stu_ff, it's not a simple problem!)

Comments

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

Do you mean the runtime has gone from your hard drive?, or can you just not see it from within Carrara?

• laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
    edited December 1969

no, from the hard disk! (I know how to get a new update in carrara)!!!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

Maybe it accidentally got dragged inside another folder?

• laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
    edited December 1969

in fact, I realize it's a carrara problem, as carrara has get out also all the files of shaders, except the basic one... it's like a sort of auto-reinstall of carrara 8, and first time I've open it, it ask for the choice of the langage... strange...

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

Try running Carrara as Administrator the first time, then your settings should take and you can run normally after that.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Sounds like the preferences became corrupted if it acted the same way as the first time you opened it. Carrara couldn't read the corrupted preference file, so it generates a new one. If the runtime seems to have vanished not just from Carrara, but your entire drive, then the issue could be a drive in need of some repairs, or worse, replacement.

I actually had the preferences get corrupted for me in Carrara one time. I actually had some file corruption on my hard drive, and had to use a disk utility to fix. It wasn't Carrara's problem, I just happened to come across it first while using Carrara. Thankfully the disk repair worked.

• Orion_UkOrion_Uk Posts: 231
    edited September 2014

Hi :)

Not sure if its the same thing but Daz have updated the smart content engine, could this have caused a problem for you some how ?
    IF you are using 8.5 does SMART CONTENT TAB show your stuff? Can you still browse for content using the CONTENT TAB in Carrara 8.5? While doing a reinstall of my Daz products I had (still have) and issue with SMART CONTENT TAB not showing my stuff. Anyway, Sighman (Octane Render for Carrara Dev) Has the following to say about the situation..

DAZ Studio has switched the engine they use for smart content. Smart content won't be available in Carrara until they add the new engine to it. Hopefully, this will be done in the near future.

Source: http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=42452&p=203216#p203216

Wonder if the Smart content engine change effected the poser folder some how?

Post edited by Orion_Uk on