Processing time?

mickle_mikemickle_mike Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hey everyone!
I've been trying to get familiar with DAZ3D lately, and i'm just wondering about the time it takes to process everything.
I have a macbook pro with 4GB ram and I installed the 32-bit version of DAZ3D. For some reason every time I do something, its taking more time than I think is normal? For example if I simply put a plain character model, then I add a shit, it shows me "reading asset" then a bar shows the loading and it takes a few seconds, then lets say I put pants on, it'll take another few seconds, and it feels like things go really slowly, is that normal? Sorry I'm really new basically.

Comments

• SassanikSassanik Posts: 340
    edited December 1969

I notice that it depends on the outfit and what the extra's you add in. For example if I put an outfit made for M4 on Genesis using the autofit tool it can take longer than it would if I just put it on a M4 figure.

I also notice that a lot of props will slow down the process because it takes more computing power to render even basic shapes if you have a lot of them!

Not sure if that helps.

Amy

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,140
    edited December 1969

What shit and pants are you using? Is this in daz studio 4 or 4.5? Genesis or m4 or v4?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

mickle_mike hang on in there I will see if I can find someone who knows Daz Studio to come along and help you.

• Super NewbSuper Newb Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

... I add a shit, it shows me "reading asset" then a bar shows the loading and it takes a few seconds, then lets say I put pants on,...

You really should probably take your pants OFF before you "add a shit"..... ;-)

(couldn't resist)

Seriously, I have the same issues, the worse part is, it is not ALL of the time, some times things zip along quite nicely. It seems that working with a freshly saved file speeds things up a bit (but... it seems to take a long time to save the scenes too, so that is not much help). I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the way Studio4 saves morphs and how many morphs you have saved on your system, but I have yet to able to narrow it down to a correctable solution....

sorry I don't have an answer for you, but I felt the need to address your pants/shit issue...

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,140
    edited December 1969

I do not think there is conformable shit for dad studio's figures.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The load times are just part of the software. The items have to be read into memory, the textures loaded into memory, morphs calculated and activeted the lights calculated ect... It really all depends on the speed of your PC's processor and MB. The viewport is controled by your Video Card and all that has to be plotted ect... The more complex your item, morphs, textures ect the longer the load time. All this happens in that brief read time. I have scene files on my i7 quad that that takes almost two minutes to load.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,925
    edited December 1969

I have an i7 six core and some things can take up to a minute to load.