Disney Artist Teaches Animation - How to Flip Paper + Creating an "Inbetween"

Tired of all the computer hassles?  Here ya go ...

Comments

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,227

Ooops, I just realized I got that from Diomede's post in the "Shows That Inspire Animations" thread.  I mailed the link to myself to use in a newsletter, then later forgot where I got the link.  So credit to Diomede.

• I thought it looked familiar blush

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,331

Also being into making hand-drawn/painted animated cartoons, Dan Ritchie includes a bunch of handy tools for such things in PD Howler that are really fun!

I found out about them from the tutorial videos on the pdhowler YouTube channel, and had to have a bit of fun. Just scribbling and trying the tools, I didn't actually save anything I made. I'll have to do that some day.

Onion skinning allows us to set how many pages (if any) we see before and/or after the page we're drawing on - the tabley of paper being the frames of an animation. Then there are three complete sets of hand-drawn cartoon visemes for making characters talk. It even has the tools for converting sprite sheets to animation. We're talking an entirely different workflow from what I'm used to doing!