Carrara 8.5 at 50% is v9 around the corner?

Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

If I recall it was Q3 2013 that Carrara 9 was to emerge. Is this big discount on Carrara 8.5 a sign that its release is finally near?

Comments

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I wondered the same thing when I saw that.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,145
    edited December 1969

Hmmm, I rather think it is to tie in with the release of my "Carrara Realism Rendering" title and to put some focus on Carrara as a result. I haven't heard any whispers about C9 yet, but who knows...

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited August 2014

Hmmm -just realised there must have been a price drop as this 50% off seems to be on an already 50% off - As I recall Pro was about $500 odd dollars.

Maybe they wouldn't have to drop prices so much if they showed an interest in their users and gave the software promotion and support it deserves.
    I mean, when did we hear anything official about new development ? Anyone considering investing in Carrara might be wondering if in the long term it would be worth it?

With the changed bug system we cant even look into what suggestions have been submitted and status of same which keeps everyone on the dark. But if C9 is around the corner - Whoopee ! - though I doubt it and must not get too excited.

Post edited by 0oseven on