Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

The Chrome add-on is working for me again (w/o needing to uninstall/reinstall it)! Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2, 19042.1052.

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,531
    edited June 2021

Ok, I'm very new to this add on so sorry if I'm just being stupid somehow.  I installed this add on about a month or two ago, I'm using the latest version of the Brave browser.  It worked fine until about a week ago.  Now, it no longer shows me price history or forum/gallery links, and I've lost the ability to search by what I already have.  My wishlist options still work, however, so I know the add on hasn't been completely turned off or anything.

Does anyone know what might be going on?

Edited to add - I'm a Mac user on Catalina 10.15.7

Post edited by Fae3D on
  • HeleneHelene Posts: 115
    edited June 2021

Hello!
    First off, I love the DAZ Deals addon.  It helps me so much (spend more money <sigh>)  :)
    For several months (possibly since they redid the store, but maybe before then)  when I go to a page of multiple items from the DAZ sale page (like Plat for a Day), there is a 90% chance I will have to reload the page to get the button at the top that will show only my wishlist items.  So I reload the page and get on with the shopping.
    The new DAZ search page only shows tick boxes for Hide Items I Own and PC+.  There are no tick boxes for, and DAZ itself does not seem to provide within this search - Show me Items I Already Own, and Show Me Items on my Wishlist. 
    Today I uninstalled the Daz Deals firefox plugin and rebooted my pc, reinstalled the Daz Deals plugin and see none of these buttons on the search page and I still have to reload sale pages to get the wishlist button. 
    What else can I try?
    Thanks!

The specifics of what I am trying to do:
    Plat for a Day has a nifty set of wings.  I know I own some wings, but which ones?
    My current option is to search "wing" and go through 449 results individually to see what I have.

Post edited by Helene on
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,129

Helene said:

Hello!
    First off, I love the DAZ Deals addon.  It helps me so much (spend more money <sigh>)  :)
    For several months (possibly since they redid the store, but maybe before then)  when I go to a page of multiple items from the DAZ sale page (like Plat for a Day), there is a 90% chance I will have to reload the page to get the button at the top that will show only my wishlist items.  So I reload the page and get on with the shopping.
    The new DAZ search page only shows tick boxes for Hide Items I Own and PC+.  There are no tick boxes for, and DAZ itself does not seem to provide within this search - Show me Items I Already Own, and Show Me Items on my Wishlist. 
    Today I uninstalled the Daz Deals firefox plugin and rebooted my pc, reinstalled the Daz Deals plugin and see none of these buttons on the search page and I still have to reload sale pages to get the wishlist button. 
    What else can I try?
    Thanks!

The specifics of what I am trying to do:
    Plat for a Day has a nifty set of wings.  I know I own some wings, but which ones?
    My current option is to search "wing" and go through 449 results individually to see what I have.

We only add features to the existing store. This needs a solid foundation. The new search page (ever since the store changeover a couple of months ago) keeps changing (lately for the better!). Unfortunately, we can't work with a section of the site that might change again tomorrow, or the next day. So we're waiting for that section to settle a bit.

• HeleneHelene Posts: 115

Ati said:

We only add features to the existing store. This needs a solid foundation. The new search page (ever since the store changeover a couple of months ago) keeps changing (lately for the better!). Unfortunately, we can't work with a section of the site that might change again tomorrow, or the next day. So we're waiting for that section to settle a bit

Perfectly understandable.  Thanks!

• TrelliganTrelligan Posts: 57
    edited June 2021

@Helene There are other ways to see what you already own, such as Product Library: https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files

The search there is too simple to have messed up (yet).

Post edited by Trelligan on
  • TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 737

Is there an option to find Staff-Picks?

edited June 2021

Tugpsx said:

Is there an option to find Staff-Picks?

Sorry Just noticed that its tagged under GENRE filter at the bottom of the list as an option. 

Take that back, i should say a more consistant way of finding STAFF-PICKS. The current doesnt work wevry well.

Post edited by Tugpsx on
  • OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 580
    dawnblade said:

The Chrome add-on is working for me again (w/o needing to uninstall/reinstall it)! Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2, 19042.1052.

Fabulous! Did anything change about your browser setup? Did you add or remove any other addons or change any settings? So glad it's magically working for you again! :)
  • dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Overdrawn said:

dawnblade said:

Fabulous! Did anything change about your browser setup? Did you add or remove any other addons or change any settings? So glad it's magically working for you again! :)

For Chrome extensions, I switched from Bitwarden to Lastpass. I also updated to the latest cumulative Windows update, and for anti-virus I switched from Bitdefender to Webroot. That's all I remember doing.

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,531

Forget my question, for some reason everything started working again.  Maybe ya'll did something to kick start it?  Anyway, I love this plug-in, and am very happy to have it working again!

Thanks!

• xstanxstan Posts: 37
    edited June 2021

I'm actually having a similar issue to Fae3D. I haven't been able to sort by my wishlist or by items I own for about a month now. I'm using Chrome. I haven't changed any settings or anything, though there have been a couple of Chrome updates. Any idea how I can get them back? I use those features a lot.

Edit: I fixed this myself by removing the extension from Chrome, restarting it, and adding it back. The choices are back now!

Post edited by xstan on
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471
    edited June 2021

Hi, is the Show Owned on the new search coming back, or does the new format not support it?

...so far not a fan of the new Daz catalog search, since the Low to High pricing does not take into account the sale price  :(

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

My gosh, you really don’t realise how the current store is so absolutely lacking in so many basic fundamental ways, until you’ve used the Addon and then can’t. Lol. I’ve been in hospital the last week and therefore no computer so only have my iPad. How I dearly wished for this to be available for the iPad! Tis a nightmare trying to shop a big sale and not be able to filter on your Wishlist choices, or see mentions of a product in the forums to find out more about it, or even see any gallery images of it! Can’t even tell if the discounts are correct in the cart! I’m out of hospital now fortunately but recuperating at parents with still no computer lol...it’ll be at least another week before I’m home. You guys have to look at if you’re able to do an app or whatever for the iPad! Lol!

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

So, the add-on broke for a while, worked again for a while, and is now broken as of today or yesterday. :( It does still work after reinstalling, so I just added the chrome web store page to my bookmarks bar in the meantime. 

On another note, is there any way I can see prices for a product going back more than one month? I thought maybe I had heard of a chart of prices going back maybe a year. Not sure if that's correct though. 

On another note, is there any way I can see prices for a product going back more than one month? I thought maybe I had heard of a chart of prices going back maybe a year. Not sure if that's correct though. 

In the options, you can choose between "Short timeframe" (maximum 1 month) and "Long timeframe" (maximum 1 year). If the product is not old enough, it will only show its available history.

Ati said:

In the options, you can choose between "Short timeframe" (maximum 1 month) and "Long timeframe" (maximum 1 year). If the product is not old enough, it will only show its available history.

I am so mad at myself for not figuring this out sooner!!! XD Thank you!! This is going to be huge.
  • CheetahkaCheetahka Posts: 168
    edited June 2021

Not that I am ungrateful, because what your doing is a godsend, but  I don't understand why Daz as a company has not yet incorpaerated All this functionality within the website automatically. You shouldn't be needing a browser extension or plugging in the first place this should be common place Functionality of the website just to shop. You originally posted it literally will make the money for them!

With little to no effort by simply giving customers updates on sale items they want and are waiting to get. It's yet another reason for people to come and check back on the site. It just baffles my mind how they haven't done anything after all these years.

It's truly a bummer you don't have an iPhone Safari extension, yet another reason to switch back to android.

sincerely,

Jacob G

Post edited by Cheetahka on
  • BTW, anyone else but me suddenly now getting a Page Cannot Be Reached on the price-history portion of product pages?  Looks like maybe the pluggin's website has gone whoopsie or something for the time being.  0o

nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

BTW, anyone else but me suddenly now getting a Page Cannot Be Reached on the price-history portion of product pages?  Looks like maybe the pluggin's website has gone whoopsie or something for the time being.  0o

This can happen after the store changeover when lots of items change and we have a bigger load. Should settle in a bit.

The CivilizationHunt.com server is being lazy again, consistent for about 1/2 hour.

How long does it normally take for forum references to show up on a product page? I linked to Girly Nazuna for Genesis 8 Female in a thread about 3 days ago, but it hasn't shown up yet. Is this a new feature that's broken? 

edited July 2021

certaintree38 said:

How long does it normally take for forum references to show up on a product page? I linked to Girly Nazuna for Genesis 8 Female in a thread about 3 days ago, but it hasn't shown up yet. Is this a new feature that's broken? 

This only works if you include the URL of the product page in the forum post. This can be broken by Daz when they change things around.

[EDIT: I can't see my typos until I save the comment. Sorry.]

Post edited by Trelligan on
    edited July 2021
    Trelligan said:

certaintree38 said:

This only works if you include the URL of the product page in the forum post. This can be broken by Daz when they change things around.

[EDIT: I can't see my typos until I save the comment. Sorry.]

I did include the url. If you follow the link to the thread in my previous comment, you will see the product name which is a link to the product page. I just clicked on it and it is working fine.
    Post edited by Sera on

certaintree38 said:

It's usually pretty quick (a couple of hours). There are a couple of exceptions: for example, when you add the URL later, and that post has already been processed. Or when an entire thread is excluded, such as sale errors, etc. These are all done manually, so exclusion may take time, and there might be some threads which seemed like they needed to be ignored, but that's not really required.

• radiaradia Posts: 128

Can anyone recommend a browser for my android phone that can accommodate Daz Deals? It was working on Firefox until just a few days ago, but Firefox seems to have updated and now it's giving me a message that the Daz Deals add on is not yet supported.

Lost without it! It's a fabulous tool.

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 620

I apologize if this question has been answered a bunch already, but it's hard to sift through all the posts. Is there any way to add a filter for showing only new products, the ones with the "New" tag on them? It would make it possible to use the sorting features on only new items, like sorting them from lowest to highest price for example.

You can use this page to see only "new" products and use the other filters and sorting options there: https://www.daz3d.com/new-releases

• @barbult

Wished to give a thank you shoutout for leading me to this thread the other day. 

[Now,  my actual comment to this thread.]

Today, was struggling to use my monthly coupon before the month gets over. Switched over to Firefox, added the extension, enabled the coupon checkbox, selected the products and got the discount I wanted. 

Extremely useful plugin. My heartfelt thank you to the extension developer.

edited July 2021

The new items only request has become so popular that you may want to consider an option of adding a check box to redirect the browser to the page. 
    https://www.daz3d.com/new-releases

I add it to my toolbar for quick access. 

Post edited by Tugpsx on