Searching on "Carrara" in the daz shop... versus actualy finding anything.

arcadyarcady Posts: 340
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I know Daz is selling a lot of Carrara content because people keep linking it to me.

But when I go to the shop and try and search for some of it on my own...

All I get is the application itself.

What are some preferred way people have of telling Daz they want to hand it their money? :)
(how do you find any of the Carrara stuff, other than just the luck of the secret forum handshake / decoder ring?)

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2014

It is the same for Bryce

I have sent a query to the relevant dept.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • arcadyarcady Posts: 340
    edited December 1969

Looks like somebody already found and fixed the bug. Search on bryce and carrara each now returns a whole bunch of stuff.

More than I knew of for both. Shopping options. :)

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,971
    edited December 1969

Glad to see the Bryce crossover artists who make their products work for Carrara now show up, I used to have to browse all Bryce before. Wish more PAs would do this. They'd get more sales, especially from us newbs! EG

http://www.daz3d.com/realistic-terrain-for-vue-carrara-bryce-mountains-023 by Bijan....

:) Silene

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135
    edited December 1969

and don't forget that Carrara is compatible with a lot of stuff for other programs (but not 100%).

• ringo monfortringo monfort Posts: 945
    edited December 1969

This is a link to the Carrara Products.

http://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Carrara+products&x=0&y=0

I wish DAZ 3D would put that link on the Carrara product page for easy access.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,227
    edited December 1969

This is a link to the Carrara Products.

http://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Carrara+products&x=0&y=0

I wish DAZ 3D would put that link on the Carrara product page for easy access.

Yes, a good idea. I noticed that the search shows 389 total items, but at the lower left the "Compatible 3D Software" shows only 274 for Carrara. I suspect this is due to items like "Old Manor" which states "This product includes five full DAZ Studio/Poser installers and five full Carrara installers", but then says "Compatible 3D Software: DAZ Studio, Poser."

Life is hard for us Carrara users/buyers. :-/

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

I suppose that all the items "Poser compatible" are also OK for Carrara ?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,093
    edited December 1969

Most but later weight painted stuff needs converting and often cr2 editing using a script by fenric
    And you need Poser to do it.
    I did a couple of things, it works well

edited December 1969

Most but later weight painted stuff needs converting and often cr2 editing using a script by fenric
    And you need Poser to do it.
    I did a couple of things, it works well

Good to know that Wendy.
    What do you mean by “weight painted stuff” ?
    Can you explain the process in Poser (or, do you have a link) ?

Thank you.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,093
    edited December 1969

http://carraracafe.com/news/fenrics-poser-weight-map-injector-plugin/
    Later figures like Tyler Miki 4 and most freebies rigged in Poser9+ need this

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,227
    edited December 1969

I have stuck with Gen4 characters (M4, V4, K4) and have very little trouble with Poser content in Carrara. Wendy pointed out some of the potential problems, but so far I've avoided most of them. Most of the environment/scene type Poser content uses image based textures, which almost always load fine in Carrara. Still, content created specifically for Carrara is nice, the lights, cameras, procedural shaders, etc. "all work right out of the box". The PA's I like for Carrara content include HowieFarkes, PhilW, mmoir, Age of Armour, and a few others.

edited December 1969

Steve K said:

I have stuck with Gen4 characters (M4, V4, K4) and have very little trouble with Poser content in Carrara. Wendy pointed out some of the potential problems, but so far I've avoided most of them. Most of the environment/scene type Poser content uses image based textures, which almost always load fine in Carrara. Still, content created specifically for Carrara is nice, the lights, cameras, procedural shaders, etc. "all work right out of the box". The PA's I like for Carrara content include HowieFarkes, PhilW, mmoir, Age of Armour, and a few others.

I'm like you, not so much problems and it' therefore I ask this question to Wendy...