Genesis Morphs do not work

msolomonmsolomon Posts: 209
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hello all I am having Genesis issues. The Evolution morphs will not load in Carrara. The add folder command will ad a folder but the morphs don't work on the Genesis.
My system is i7 Imac, 16 gig ram, 10.7 (Lion)

Comments

• BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 807
    edited December 1969

I'm able to use the Evolution morphs for Genesis in Carrara. I'm also on a Mac, but I'm running Maverick's. I did have a lot of issues with Genesis content until a created a library exclusively for Genesis products and use DIM for installing. Now most things seem to work OK. How are you installing the morphs?

• msolomonmsolomon Posts: 209
    edited December 1969

I'm able to use the Evolution morphs for Genesis in Carrara. I'm also on a Mac, but I'm running Maverick's. I did have a lot of issues with Genesis content until a created a library exclusively for Genesis products and use DIM for installing. Now most things seem to work OK. How are you installing the morphs?

I was using the DIM

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,725
    edited December 1969

MSolomon said:
    Hello all I am having Genesis issues. The Evolution morphs will not load in Carrara. The add folder command will ad a folder but the morphs don't work on the Genesis.
    My system is i7 Imac, 16 gig ram, 10.7 (Lion)

The Evolution Moprhs should show up in the parameter tab when you select either the figure, or the actor (see attached images., Sorry, I don't remember which one they can be found in. They won't be identified as being from a specific morph package, but as long as you are installing them to the proper location (where Genesis is installed, and DIM should have taken care of that for you), they should be available in the parameters tab. Unlike V4, M4, etc., you don't inject the morphs after loadeing the figure, they are always there once installed properly.

Hope this all made sense and helped a bit.

genesis_parameter1.JPG
    240 x 478 - 36K
    genesis_parameter2.JPG
    254 x 484 - 39K
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,332
    edited December 1969

Right. No need to add a separate folder for morphs. Once Genesis (1 or 2) morphs are installed properly, they reside as a slider within Genesis - no INJecting is required! ;)

edited August 2014

just Loaded it, using DIM and selected actor, no evolution morphs were there.

Post edited by msolomon on
  • DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,725
    edited December 1969

Hmm, I'm not sure where to point you to now, other than to check to see if Genesis and the evolution morphs are being installed to the proper location (unfortunately I use a PC, so can't help much here). If you look at your installed content in DIM, you can click on the arrow/triangle icon on the far right and select "installed files" to see where they are being installed.

Just happened to think, are they working/showing in DS?

• BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 807
    edited December 1969

The Genesis figure and the morphs all have to be installed in the same place. Make sure you load a new figure after installing the morphs. They won't load in a figure that was brought into Carrara prior to loading the morphs. Also I've seen some differences between which Genesis figure I load and the morphs available. I think there are three available in Carrara for me, Genesis base, Genesis female and Genesis male.

edited December 1969

Problem solved! I had to delete the default option in the DIM preferences and choose the location all the other content was being placed. Now the morphs show up.
    Thanks for all the help guys!

• arcadyarcady Posts: 340
    edited December 1969

Go back to the place your default location was installing things, and make sure there is nothing there - move that directory out of the way - or anything in it could randomly crash your carrara if it or items for it also end up installed somewhere else as well later on.

edited December 1969

Good idea, thanks.