Help with '67 'Vette that's hiding in DAZ4? :(

RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,041
edited July 2012 in New Users

Greetings, all!

I just purchased the following product:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/1967-am-sports-car-bundle

and after having followed the unzipping tutorial to the letter, I can see the car's various color options and such in the DAZ4 Content Library under Poser "Poses", but I cannot for the life of me get the prop to load in the scene. I have researched this so much that I fear I'm now chasing my tail. So I wonder if someone can assist.

I noticed that the Resource Files referenced in the product's Resource Files tab at the bottom of the page do not seem to be included in the bundle. Are they critical? If so, what do I do with them? The ReadMe does not refer to them and is not at all helpful, so I have paid $25 for something that I am having trouble getting to work.

I feel reasonably confident that the files are in the right place, but how do I get this prop to work? How do I "launch" it? so that it shows up in Smart Content? Is DAZ looking for something specific?

Thank you in advance!

Oh, and I'm on Windows, btw.

Post edited by RenderPretender on

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

Did you Look in Poser Formats> My library> Props for the car?

Without Metadata it will not show in Smart content. Only items with Metadata will.

EDIT: Normally only the textures/materials are in the Poses folder.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,041
    edited July 2012

In the actual DAZ content panel? Yes... on that path, I get quite a few still images of the car in various colors, interiors and such, but nothing beyond that that I can see. When I double click on them, it's as if DAZ does not know what to do.

I don't think there is metadata with this product, so how to I import it into the scene?

Btw, the images I'm referring to are in "Poses" under "Poser Formats".

Post edited by RenderPretender on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,551
    edited December 1969

That sounds like the Pose folder, not teh props folder - they are material files, not the actual prop (or figure, I would expect) file. Check the readme for locations.

edited December 1969

The path/tree in the Content Library is:

Poser Formats>My Library>Pose>(the car's name on the tree

This is how things wound up after I unzipped the files according to the .zip file instructions that came with my purchase. The ReadMe references "Icons" that can be found in so and so file for loading the product, but I'm not sure what is meant by "icons"

Let me put it this way: in the Content Library, what "should" I be seeing that I am not? I have followed the unzip instructions twice now with the same result.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,598
    edited December 1969

That sounds like the Pose folder, not teh props folder - they are material files, not the actual prop (or figure, I would expect) file. Check the readme for locations.
    Just looked at the link on the whats included page it has 1967 AM Sports Car Coupe (character/Autos) . That looks to me like it would be under Figures rather than props...if using the Poser Content.
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,140
    edited December 1969

What files came with the product? Was there more than one?

edited July 2012

The CAR model is in Poser Formats > My Library > Figures >Autos
    The extra Textures in Poser Formats > My Library > Poses > MAT 67 Am Sports car

The top one LOADS the car. The bottom one changes the cars colors.

I reset my Download. This info is from the ZIP readme.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail, I will go and look again as soon as the computer on which DAZ is installed is available. To be honest, I'm not sure that I thought to look in Figures... I think I may have overlooked it in ReadMe... hope that's all it is! Fingers crossed... I will keep you posted.

And thanks to you and all for the help thus far... my neophyte status is big as life, I'm afraid!

edited December 1969

If you need farther help just keep posting here. Helping others enjoy DS and 3D is what I do.

edited December 1969

Thank you so much, Jaderail. *taps foot waiting for the other computer* :p

edited December 1969

Jaderail...

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeYESSSSSSSS!!!! :D You are a genius! I had read it so many times that I was "seeing" Poses instead of Figures! And there it is... loads beautifully! At least I managed to unzip the files right!

Thanks again! :D

edited December 1969

Enjoy your Vette!! I'm thinking of dusting mine off and taking a spin myself.