Tutorial for adding textures, and fabric

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,609
edited December 1969 in New Users

Is there a tutorial for adding textures and fabrics to clothing items, and shaders?

I confess I do not have a proper understanding of this and how it all works.

Thanks!

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Creating a new texture for a item is not that easy (for me anyway), but can be done. I'll hunt you a link for texturing. Now shaders I use all the time. To use a shader Like Frabricator or Leatherizer or any of the others this is all you have to do.

Load your item and Select it in the Scene Tab, now Open your Surfaces tab, open your item. You get a list of all the different Material zones the item has. Select the one you wish to change. A list of properties opens. Now in your Content Folder find your shaders, Click or double click the shader. You might see it applied in your viewport or it just might go some off white color. Some shaders only show up properly at the time you Render. You can do a quick check with Spot Render.

I hope this helps.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,925
    edited December 1969

Do you mean texturing them yourself or just pluging in the new maps in DS

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,609
    edited December 1969

Fabricator is a pay for use item, right? I do not have this item yet.

I know how to open a texture and painting a texture onto the existing template, but is there a way to say to say... select a bump that's like linen' and then say select a color like polkadot

so I would then have a wrinkly polkadot tunic...

Or do I need something like farbricator for that?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

To add a Bump map to your texture you make a grey map for the item whiter parts will be up and darker parts will be down. Then you add that map to the Bump channel in the Surfaces tab. So you will need two maps, a Color map with your Poka Dots and a Grey map with your wrinkles. The middle grey color in your 2D paint program will be the Flat color, all colors lighter will make higher bumps and all colors darker will make lower bumps.

I'm still hunting a Tutorial for you. Chohole put up the Tut, And the one I was hunting to boot. Yea!!

EDIT: Fabricator is a Shader pack. You do not need it to make textures. Textures and Shaders are two different things.

Post edited by Jaderail on