Join my Carrara discord server

mschackmschack Posts: 337
edited September 2020 in Carrara Discussion

Hi everyone

I have been recently been getting back into Carrara.  This actually happened when i was getting into Blender again, but something always brings me back.

I am kinda excited playing with Carrara again, and thought I would create a discord server as a place for the community to chat, post work, and discuss anything Carrara!

I named the server "Carrara Illunination"

Here is the discord invite link https://discord.gg/ad5B2Ct

Everyone is welcome, hope to see you all there.

Post edited by mschack on

Comments

• mschackmschack Posts: 337

For those who don't know about discord it is a chat platform with multimedia (you can post pics or youtube vids right in chat and watch them right in the chat window for instance).  There is a discord app or you can just use it through your internet browser.  It is free.  

• Glad you are getting back into Carrara!

I think the issue here is, we already have a place to interact with other Carrara users - this forum.  And the community is already small, so dividing it into even smaller groups isn't sustainable.

No offense.  Hope you decide to hang around.

No offense taken!  It isn't for everyone.  Been here since 2004 (jeez has it been that long...) so no plans to leave.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,331
    mschack said:

For those who don't know about discord it is a chat platform with multimedia (you can post pics or youtube vids right in chat and watch them right in the chat window for instance).  There is a discord app or you can just use it through your internet browser.  It is free.  

I can't wait to check it out! Soon, I hope. I don't often get much of a chance to hang out for long, but it sounds like Fun!

Thanks for doing this!

So... is it something that's always up or do I give you a nudge when I can join you?

No offense taken!  It isn't for everyone.  Been here since 2004 (jeez has it been that long...) so no plans to leave.

mschack said:

I can't wait to check it out! Soon, I hope. I don't often get much of a chance to hang out for long, but it sounds like Fun!

Thanks for doing this!

So... is it something that's always up or do I give you a nudge when I can join yo

Hey great!  The server is always up so you can join any time and leave messages (though I'm the only one there atm lol).  iI have a number of channels (topics if you will ) where you can post stuff or leave messages.  You can even talk with others in the voice audio channel which any number of people can talk with each other at once.  All you have to do is click on the link to join, i believe it will take you to a page and tell you what to do.

• I am afraid I will never ever converse in a chat room type environment again, after a intial few bad experiences and then one extended time (5+years) in a skype echo chamber that had me questioning everything about myself, I prefer a much broader open community such as a public forum, even with the drawbacks of moderation.

Things might start out nobelly on topic namely 3D art etc but it soon spirals into a cult of personality, politics, beliefs etc I wish to avoid like the plague!