Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

4 seconds to explode the Rybolt Mechanic shop, 2 seconds to rebuild it   tee hee.  

cant do a serious render, too much fun with silly stuff.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,969

nothing sill Mysty mist - these ar the ' building blocks' of using Carrara - you do something like this and you wil later use the technique in something 'serious' :)

head wax said:

'so you just used photographs then'?

So it wasn't just your imagination that her eyes were glazed over as your explanation just flew straight over her head! ;)

You do some amazing art, Sir... truly amazing! 

ha ha thanks Dart, I have been doing a small vid with screen capture software to explain the process but when I watch it I see it is like a magician giving away his secrets - they are no longer 'magic' but the become mere 'tricks' best t0 bamboozle  with five syllable words perhaps   :)

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,227

the heading could be: what carrara allows to do that DS (and many others) hardly can

1230.JPG
    1280 x 715 - 713K
  • Simple set of headphones, modeled in Silo, textured in Substance Painter, rendered in Carrara and edited in Fusion smiley

HeadPhones.jpg
    1280 x 650 - 200K
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

That texturing looks really good. Substance Painter you say? I might have to investigate that!

• Thanks TA smiley

• Simple set of headphones, modeled in Silo, textured in Substance Painter, rendered in Carrara and edited in Fusion smiley

TangoAlpha beat me on that. The texturing is gorgeous.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

That's really nice Fifth element ,. Ditto on the texturing,.

Magaremoto :) that's better, with less displacement,. Carrara needs micro displacement :)

• Thanks ya all, it took me about half an hour to texture it, still a beginner, lol, the most important thing is to unwrap your mesh nicely, it's a breeze after that smiley 

Half an hour is nothing (for me anyway!). It's all those little micro-scratches and scuffs - I can spend forever on them and still have something that doesn't look half as good. Always looking for ways to do things better and faster . . . :)

• kakmankakman Posts: 225

A Carrara render for the credits portion of a Blu-ray disc of our recent Christmas trip to Asheville, NC.

I used Dartanbeck’s Woodlands Environ Kit, Genesis 2 Female and Male, and the Ginger Snap outfit for both .

Asheville - Christmas 2015 Moon Gaze.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M

nice work Kakman, good to see Dart's beautiful set in a render

Thank you very much head wax.

Dart’s sets are truly great (as is Dart himself) and the render speed is very fast!

Here’s another one that I used for the same disc.

This one used Cyclorama, Mister Chunk and a sign prop from Curious Christmas series.

Asheville---Transportation.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • Half an hour is nothing (for me anyway!). It's all those little micro-scratches and scuffs - I can spend forever on them and still have something that doesn't look half as good. Always looking for ways to do things better and faster . . . :)

I love it, it is a joy to use ...

Here is screenshot, real time rendering is awesome too smiley

HPSubstance.jpg
    1555 x 875 - 421K

I've watched a couple of their glossy videos, and they talk about needing a second "high res" mesh. Also, they say it only supports the metallicity/roughness model, as opposed to specular/glossiness. Now I know that Iray has a metallicity base option for its shaders, but not quite sure how that translates to Carrara?

• True, it is for a different shading model, but with some fiddling it can be loosely "translated" into Carrara's, support for the 8k textures and spec/gloss is coming soon smiley

Snowcada  tee hee

snowcada.png
    1240 x 651 - 345K
    snowcada2.png
    1240 x 651 - 304K
    edited January 2016
    3DAGE said:

Magaremoto :) that's better, with less displacement,. Carrara needs micro displacement :)

that's true 3DAGE, but I achieve a plausible displacement when in presence of a good bump map like in this remarkable model by ten24; in this close up I have used the same map for bump, displacement (set to 0.08) and reflection, tweaked via the curve filter (very useful for maps) to emphasize the grainy effect of the skin. As pointed out carrara may succeed whereas others fail at a fraction of the cost

629.jpg
    840 x 1120 - 137K
    Post edited by magaremoto on

a detail showing same intensity of reflection map but different curve filter graph

3.jpg
    840 x 1120 - 107K
    5.jpg
    840 x 1120 - 141K
  • MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited January 2016

A couple new ones I did for the PC Inspiration Challenge using the New Colony set - I keep forgetting that the whole PC Club forum exists, but it's nice to pop in once in a while and wave the Carrara flag in the challenges there laugh.  In the first one I got to reuse the floating city I made for a previous Carrara Challenge, and In the second one I used Dartanbeck's Woodlands Environkit and added some alien plants to it; I don't use this awesome set enough.

Watchdog

New Day, New World

Here's another version of the second one. I wasn't happy with how the buildings kind of blended in so I did some color adjustment and a little bit of overpainting trying to fix it.  I think it looks a little more painted, which I like, and has a bit more contrast to it, but I'd love to hear other people's opinions:

New Day, New World over-painted version

Watchdog_Final.jpg
    1500 x 773 - 163K
    WakingUpOnANewWorld_Final.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 152K
    Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  •  

MDO2010 said:

A couple new ones I did for the PC Inspiration Challenge using the New Colony set - I keep forgetting that the whole PC Club forum exists, but it's nice to pop in once in a while and wave the Carrara flag in the challenges there laugh.  In the first one I got to reuse the floating city I made for a previous Carrara Challenge, and In the second one I used Dartanbeck's Woodlands Environkit and added some alien plants to it; I don't use this awesome set enough.

Watchdog

New Day, New World

Here's another version of the second one. I wasn't happy with how the buildings kind of blended in so I did some color adjustment and a little bit of overpainting trying to fix it.  I think it looks a little more painted, which I like, and has a bit more contrast to it, but I'd love to hear other people's opinions:

New Day, New World over-painted version

I really love your floating city render, it's got that simmering balance between retro and futuristic and between realism and fantasy. It looks like science fiction, but you can easily imagine a drone passing by a compound in the middle-east, and stopping for a moment to take this kind of selfie. Weldone! 

• FifthElementFifthElement Posts: 569
    edited February 2016

Building up on my previous render, now added "retro" style MP3 player and bit more editing and playing with passes.

Like the one before: modeled in Silo, textured with Substance Painter, rendered in Carrara and edited in Fusion ...

Cheers smiley

(sorry for poor DAZ jpg recompression, lol)

Mp3Player.jpg
    1728 x 842 - 468K
    Post edited by FifthElement on
  • BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 807
    edited February 2016

Building up on my previous render, now added "retro" style MP3 player and bit more editing and playing with passes.

Like the one before: modeled in Silo, textured with Substance Painter, rendered in Carrara and edited in Fusion ...

Cheers smiley

(sorry for poor DAZ jpg recompression, lol)

Awesome render! I really like the B&W. I bought Susbstance Painter for my son's birthday last week for game development. I need to give it a try. You inspired me. 

Post edited by BrianP21361 on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135
    edited February 2016

Great renders, everyone.  So glad that you show the Carrara flag in the PC club forum, Mark.  I had let my PC membership lapse, but just renewed it when they had the big M4/V4 stuff sale because it happened to pay for itself for me on that. 

Post edited by Diomede on
  • Thanks guys, lol, I just realised that screen is bit too dark, here is version with brighter screen, touch of blue tint and gamma up a little smiley

MP3Player2.jpg
    1700 x 800 - 441K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147

Thanks guys, lol, I just realised that screen is bit too dark, here is version with brighter screen, touch of blue tint and gamma up a little smiley

great job

sf renders looks good in carrara.

put a conical camera in center, rotated 360 120 frames

didnt come out seamless

This discussion has been closed.