Daz to iClone Bridge...

ScarletX1969ScarletX1969 Posts: 587
edited August 2020 in The Commons

I just had to ask. :)

LOL, I know Reallusion has their own set of tools for it.

Post edited by ScarletX1969 on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054

it's a slippery dip though devil

a bridge would go both ways and one could get iClone stuffs back into DAZ studio

without using Poser

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,821
    edited August 2020

LOL, I know Reallusion has there on set of tools for it.

If you already own the versions of Iclone required to import Daz figures (3Dxchange pipeline or Character creator 3 pipeline) then you already have literally everything you need to import( ie transform) ALL Genesis figures(1,2,3,8) into Iclone as native avatars for animation and export with presets to Blender,UE4 Max,Maya.

not just G8..

Being that Iclone is REALTIME character animation software I feel I can safely speak for most Iclone users that we have no interest in the, (widely reported on this site) ,6-19 Gigabyte data dumps that accompany those figures sent over via any Daz "bridges"
    Post edited by wolf359 on
    I have many Genesis one sci fi aliens that I need to use in other programs, like this one in Iclone wearing a body suit I made for a Male character this morning ,

Any bridge that is resricted to one generation is too limited for my usage.
    ASARI RENDER COPY.jpg
    2400 x 1600 - 244K
  • windli3356windli3356 Posts: 230
    wolf359 said:
    I have many Genesis one sci fi aliens that I need to use in other programs, like this one in Iclone wearing a body suit I made for a Male character this morning ,

Any bridge that is resricted to one generation is too limited for my usage.

wolf359 said:

LOL, I know Reallusion has there on set of tools for it.

If you already own the versions of Iclone required to import Daz figures (3Dxchange pipeline or Character creator 3 pipeline) then you already have literally everything you need to import( ie transform) ALL Genesis figures(1,2,3,8) into Iclone as native avatars for animation and export with presets to Blender,UE4 Max,Maya.

not just G8..

Being that Iclone is REALTIME character animation software I feel I can safely speak for most Iclone users that we have no interest in the, (widely reported on this site) ,6-19 Gigabyte data dumps that accompany those figures sent over via any Daz "bridges"

Sounds great! I had my eyes on Iclone & CC3 for a while now, but their steepy price tag is what made me hastiated, so I can directly export my Genesis stuff to Iclone without complying in CC3 first? how's iclone handle all the muscle/height morphs?  

that may trigger my buying decision since the animation tool in Daz is very frustrating to work with. 

Details at the Reallusion website.
  • wolf359 said:

I agree with you, wolf.  But I really want to see what Unreal can do.  I've seen amazing things with it.  Cinema 4D is my favorite "Industry" 3D software, but my pipeline is Daz, iClone, and Character Creator.

• 6-19 Gigabyte data dumps that accompany those figures sent over via any Daz "bridges"

Can't find any references to this.  Do you have a link?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,902

6-19 Gigabyte data dumps that accompany those figures sent over via any Daz "bridges"

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/425791/tutorial-eliminating-file-bloat-and-morph-slider-performance-issues#latest, for example.

• Gordig said:

6-19 Gigabyte data dumps that accompany those figures sent over via any Daz "bridges"

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/425791/tutorial-eliminating-file-bloat-and-morph-slider-performance-issues#latest, for example.

I see, I'm not familiar with the C4D bridge.  I thought there might be a problem with the Unreal bridge.

wolf359 said:

I agree with you, wolf.  But I really want to see what Unreal can do.  I've seen amazing things with it.  Cinema 4D is my favorite "Industry" 3D software, but my pipeline is Daz, iClone, and Character Creator.

What has stopped you from trying unreal thus far???

Wendy has been exporting from Daz studio to unreal for some time before this unidirectional data dump being charitably called a "Bridge"

If you have or upgrade to the the pipeline version of Iclone or CC3 you can use the free live link plugin to UE4 or use the UE4 export preset from CC3.

I Dumped C4D entirely from my pipeline after finishing my feature film and replaced it with Blender 2.8x for content creation and rendering.

UE4 is Great!! I installed it briefly after buying a new Ryzen rig in June but I had to reset& return the PC for a replacement, due to a bad motherboard.

But now the we have realtime Screen spaced global ilumination for EEVEE in Blender . I see no reason to download the 11.4 gigabyte UE4 installation again as Blender is meeting all of my needs in terms of both content creation for Iclone/CC3 and final rendering of my animations.
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,331
    Gordig said:

I see, I'm not familiar with the C4D bridge.  I thought there might be a problem with the Unreal bridge.

No problem with Unreal bridge for me.

It produce customized .FBX files and textures, so the export file size is quite ok.

For example Holt 8 with Bankers clothes and the hair is around 100 MB.

I only am on iClone 6 and have been using it

iC7 with livelink and CC3 would be very easy but well beyond my budget right now though I am considering just CC3 for exports

• ScarletX1969ScarletX1969 Posts: 587
    edited August 2020
    wolf359 said:
    What has stopped you from trying unreal thus far???

Being spoiled mostly, I believe...lol.  Various things, but primarily looking for a magic bullet with all of this.  I do feel that it's overwhelming sometimes to learn yet another tool but I'm learning that once you learn one, most that do similar things work the same way.  It's why it's easy for me to work with Paintshop Pro, Affinity Photo and Gimp after working with Photoshop for years.

Post edited by ScarletX1969 on
    @WendyLuvsCatz
    I kept my Iclone 6.5 pipeline with 3DX installed on my older PC so I only got the basic version 7.x and CC3 pipeline during the %50 Off "Covid-19 relief" sale back in june.

You will still be able to create animation with your old version 6 and load any saved face and body Imotion files during the export process from CC3 to UE4 As I now do with my exports to Blender. @Scarletx1969
    I used photoshop for 19 years as a professional graphic designer for print using the Mac of course.

Now that I am fully windows based and refuse to use rentware,(P*ss off Maxon!) I think Krita is the most complete, FREE rip-off of photoshop and I mean that in a GOOD way.
    edited August 2020
    wolf359 said:
    Now that I am fully windows based and refuse to use rentware,(P*ss off Maxon!)

You can still buy a permanent license for C4D. I say this only because I think it's odd that you singled out Maxon with your comment, when Maxon is not subscription-only. You can still buy C4D, but you can't buy, say, Photoshop, which is what you were talking about in your post anyway, so again, why direct your ire at Maxon?

Post edited by Gordig on
    wolf359 said:
    @WendyLuvsCatz
    I kept my Iclone 6.5 pipeline with 3DX installed on my older PC so I only got the basic version 7.x and CC3 pipeline during the %50 Off "Covid-19 relief" sale back in june.

You will still be able to create animation with your old version 6 and load any saved face and body Imotion files during the export process from CC3 to UE4 As I now do with my exports to Blender. @Scarletx1969
    I used photoshop for 19 years as a professional graphic designer for print using the Mac of course.

Now that I am fully windows based and refuse to use rentware,(P*ss off Maxon!) I think Krita is the most complete, FREE rip-off of photoshop and I mean that in a GOOD way.

yes why I might just get CC3 as a standalone 

the FBX export characters I can render in Carrara as well as UE4 and presumably FBX exports can still be imported as nonstandard characters to 3DX6, I did that with the G6 characters in 3DX5

not this year though too many other real life priorities 

Gordig said:
    wolf359 said:

You can still buy a permanent license for C4D. I say this only because I think it's odd that you singled out Maxon with your comment, when Maxon is not subscription-only. You can still buy C4D, but you can't buy, say, Photoshop, which is what you were talking about in your post anyway, so again, why direct your ire at Maxon?

At nearly $4000 USD for a perpetual has Maxon added a native fluid engine like the Mantaflow system I use in Blender or must one still buy a Xparticles subscription from insydium??

At nearly $4000 USD for a perpetual, have they at least updated the single threaded cloth engine to be able to actually simulate clothing on moving people or are we still having to import baked cloth physics from apps like Poser& daz studio or Maya??

At nearly $4000 USD for a perpetual has Maxon at least updated the Character animation system for native retargeting of Mocap?and what are the native included options for lipsych and facial?

And how is the veiwport performance?..any native options for realtime rendered display for look dev and Lighting TD's??

I used C4D from version RDXL 7 up to version 11.5 studio where I rendered my feature length animated film "Galactus Rising" But at some point I had to acknowledge that Maxon was not serious about competing with the other Major 3DCC at least not in the areas I care about.
    edited August 2020
    wolf359 said:
    Gordig said:
    wolf359 said:

At nearly $4000 USD for a perpetual has Maxon added a native fluid engine like the Mantaflow system I use in Blender or must one still buy a Xparticles subscription from insydium??

At nearly $4000 USD for a perpetual, have they at least updated the single threaded cloth engine to be able to actually simulate clothing on moving people or are we still having to import baked cloth physics from apps like Poser& daz studio or Maya??

At nearly $4000 USD for a perpetual has Maxon at least updated the Character animation system for native retargeting of Mocap?and what are the native included options for lipsych and facial?

And how is the veiwport performance?..any native options for realtime rendered display for look dev and Lighting TD's??

I used C4D from version RDXL 7 up to version 11.5 studio where I rendered my feature length animated film "Galactus Rising" But at some point I had to acknowledge that Maxon was not serious about competing with the other Major 3DCC at least not in the areas I care about.

None of this is remotely relevant to my post. I'm not trying to sell you on Cinema 4D. My point was that, when discussing Photoshop specifically, you singled out Maxon as "rentware", when Maxon (and, since you brought them up, Insydium as well) offers a perpetual license, which is not true of Adobe. Whether or not you think C4D is worth the money is entirely beside the point. 

Post edited by Gordig on
  • edited October 2023
    I think it would still be nice plugin Daz3D to Iclone specially for the morphs with this method I know when I converted my models did not look the same But still doing research just for the morphs it would be a great Bridge and i would pay over $150 into Iclone 8 for facial and animations
    inbound3088062388832563702.jpg
    4000 x 3000 - 3M
    inbound8337427507574652565.jpg
    4000 x 3000 - 4M
    Post edited by imaginationseven7_e8a72a2857 on
  • How do I get the 3d xchange for iclone and daz?  I have both.

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 600

Reallusion discontinued 3DXchange with version 7 in 2022.  https://kb.reallusion.com/Product/53036/Why-3DXchange-is-discontinued