Very Quick Question About Sales From New Site :)

BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi guys,

I'm not a massive fan of this new system yet, but I'm getting used to it. I am feeling somewhat hesitant to buy some of the $1.99 items because I might have already bought them and it's a pain in both bum cheeks to find things in the itemised history nowadays. Got a lot of stuff that I've bought and not yet installed, and I've also got a memory like a sieve.

All I need to know is: If I buy something I've already got, is the system smart enough to call me silly and stop me from buying it again?

Thank ye muchly,
Barry.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2012

Simple answer is no, not at the moment. Sorry about that.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,925
    edited December 1969

Up until this new site I've never had to submit a support tick. I've already submitted two for double purchases.

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

I typed a naughty word beginning with f, but I deleted it. It was between the words "Oh for" and "sake". Just thought I'd say.

Seriously, are Daz trying to make people buy from other sources?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You do not want to see my list, I'm pretty safe if I stick to new releases.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,925
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

I typed a naughty word beginning with f, but I deleted it. It was between the words "Oh for" and "sake". Just thought I'd say.

That's good cause we would've had to ask you to edit it out. TY

edited December 1969

chohole said:

No Barry Daz are trying very hard to get this whole thing up and functioning as it should. You just wouldn't believe how hard they are working.

Ask those poeple who had Support tickets setteld on the 4th July, if you want some sort of idea, and then ask our AMerican friends just what the 4th means to them.

No Barry, it is Magento that is on the naughty step.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    chohole said:

No Barry Daz are trying very hard to get this whole thing up and functioning as it should. You just wouldn't believe how hard they are working.

Ask those poeple who had Support tickets setteld on the 4th July, if you want some sort of idea, and then ask our AMerican friends just what the 4th means to them.

No Barry, it is Magento that is on the naughty step.
    You know what? I know better than to say what I said in my last post. I know damn well Daz are trying hard to sort this out and I can't apologise enough for my comments. Not going to edit them out because what's said is said, but as a personal message to the team I'm behind them all the way, and as a former purchaser of IT gear and software I can say we have all made the mistake of thinking an off-the-shelf piece of kit sings and dances, only to find out that you need a cattle prod to get it to even stand up.

Magento... I've heard of them from an old client of mine who now runs a fishing sales site. He had numerous problems with the paid version of that. I know they do a free 'community' version too but I presume Daz has the full one. My friend said it was like being blindfolded and drugged, then put in a maze. If that's the case, I wish the programming team the best of luck.

I'm assuming it's a fairly modular piece of kit and all the php files are editable, but having seen other peoples' work in php I can honestly say... well it can be like being blindfolded and drugged and put in a maze!

And Frank, yeah, I know my naughty would have been edited, and I don't really want that, nor the accompanying telling off :D

edited December 1969

Well, you seem to be in good spirits today. That's nice. So good to have you back my friend. I've been here long enough my complaining has come and gone but as long as your posting get it all off your chest, you'll feel better. :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Can't get it all off my chest, I'm limited to 30,000 characters! ;)

I want to get back into 3D properly and I'm struggling with stuff that I suspect everyone struggles with. My next new topic will cover one of the most annoying problems I'm having.

I can sum it up by saying... Gravity sucks!

edited December 1969

Gravity sucks!
    Hmmm... I would have to agree. The real stuff I fight all darn day, we are talking about one of those ride on chairs for me already. And the fake stuff does also. I love when I work for hours only to notice a foot through the floor after a four hour render.

Which one bit you last? Render for me, knock on wood.
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

I find Taozen's History Manager invaluable -- downloads it all into a searchable database, lets you reset right from the search results, and compares against your Cart for repurchases.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Support has been giving me a 24-hour turnaround on refunds for items I already purchased. I always put on the ticket that it is due to the inability to use my itemized history, especially if the item is hidden in a bundle.

edited December 1969

And for finding things in bundles you need a link to the "Fun with bundles" list. Whne I find it again I will post it for you.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

http://home.arcor.de/familie.reichow/3D/fwb1.html
    Fun With Bundles -- download it and use your saved copy to cut down on his bandwidth charges.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the link, Mike. I'll download and start using it.