How to make imported clothing work with Genesis 8

Eggs ActlyEggs Actly Posts: 168

Hi
Bought a really nice jacket in OBJ-format made by Polygonal Miniature on ArtStation, which I would like to use on Genesis 8 male. I've loaded the base figure for G8M into the scene and imported the OBJ-jacket as well. From this point on I'm pretty much lost. Any help og tips for tutorials on this would be very much appreciated :) 

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,529

Does the imported jacket line up with the base figure without adjustment? If so Edit>Figure>Transfer Utility, set the Source to Genesis 8 Male and the target to the Imported OBJ, and click Apply.

• Eggs ActlyEggs Actly Posts: 168
    edited May 2020

Thank you, Richard. When I make the above mentioned steps I end up with this:

The clothing is not following the figure?

Post edited by Eggs Actly on

And did it line up correctly as imported, with the figure zeroed?

Actually it lined up as shown in the screenshot?

Then you need to adjust the model to fit the default shape, or pose the figure to fit and use the Bake Rotations command in the Jint Editor right-click menu to make thata  proxy zero pose. Then you can use the Transfer Utility, and then if you used the second optin pose the rigged coat to match the default pose for the fgure and bake the coat's rotations.

I'll try that - thanks :)

use the Bake Rotations command in the Jint Editor right-click menu to make thata  proxy zero pose. Then you can use the Transfer Utility, and then if you used the second optin pose the rigged coat to match the default pose for the fgure and bake the coat's rotations.

Can't quite find and option in the Joint Editor right-click menu for making a "proxy zero pose" - sorry for asking, this is new stuff for me :)

Right-click>Edit>Bake Joint Rotations.

• I have the opposite problem where the model perfectly fits my model but the material didn't transfer over so that object is completely white.

• Can you reapply the maps (through the Surfaces pane)? If not, is the model UV Mapped?