Missing File - "studio/my library/people/genesis 8 female/characters/genesis8female.dsf"

edited March 2020 in New Users

Has anyone else seen this error message [Missing File - "studio/my library/people/genesis 8 female/characters/genesis8female.dsf"] when loading a G8F characer and know how to fix it.  I keep my models in a folder called "Model Libraries" on the second hard drive.  In that folder I have multiple libraries where, for example, I keep all my DAZ models (My DAZ Library), renderosity models (My Renderosity Library), etc.  There are in total 7 library files.  When I try to load a G8F character I get this missing file error, I can click through error with no ill effects that I can see, however when I try to use the Render Queue for DAZ it stops the queue dead as soon as the missing file error shows up.  Wondering if anyone else has experienced this error.  I have located a "genesis8female.dsf" and made sure it was in the character subdirectory for the genesis 8 female, but it doesn't seem to fix the problem.  Hoping someone out there has seen this and has a fix for this issue.

Thanks in advance,

John

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Is this happening even with the Genesis 8 Female base? Have you saved any custom assets - morphs, UV sets etc - for the figure?

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

Seen the same message on here several times now, at a guess I'd say you have downloaded one of Felldude's freebies from Renderosity.

• Bejaymac, I think you are right.  I have downloaded a couple of felldude's freebies.  Don't any easy way to back out of this other than to start from scratch with my Renderosity library and not include any felldude files.

Thanks for the help.

• As an update I have found that there is a DAZ 3D folder in my "documents" directory that contains a "Studio" sub-folder.  If I install a pathway in the "Studio" sub-folder of "My Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Genesis8female.dsf" the error appears to be fixed,  All I can think of is that the morph data is not generic in that a non-standard library installation requires this adjustment.

John

• That is one of the default content locations, it sounds as if a file was saved with an absolute path reference (possibly the creator hand-edited it).

• I was having issue with the Felldude's freebies. I fixed it by going to 
    My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\Felldude\Breast Morphs

Then editing file 'Big Nips.dsf'

"id" : "Big Nips",

"name" : "Big Nips",

"parent" : "/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#geometry",

it had something else for parent value which couldn't find genesis 8

• I trouble shot this one full day and had to go back to it because it was very frustrating but it turns out I was missing the base models for all genesis 1,3, and 8. 

Make sure you guys have all of your base models (should be free upon signing up) of all of the genesis collections to not have any of these missing base files. 

Goodluck!