Cant select arms and calves anymore

I am using DAZ Studio 4.12, and the Genesis 8 male model. Suddenly I can't select the upper arm, lower arm or calves anymore when I click on them. Other bodyparts are selectable. The arms and calves are selectable through the scene hierarchy, but that's a very inconvenient way to adjust a pose.

What has happened? I've checked the parameters to find some setting for this, but haven't found any. I restarted DAZ but the problem persists.

Regards,

Bjorn

Comments

• Is the figure wearing clothing or the like over those areas? If you look in the Scene pane do the bones, next to the eye icon. have an arrow icon with a tick or with a cross?

• Is the figure wearing clothing or the like over those areas? If you look in the Scene pane do the bones, next to the eye icon. have an arrow icon with a tick or with a cross?

Yes, you might be on to something. All the parts of my figure that has clothing, those bones are selectable. The parts without clothing are not selectable.

In the scene pane, the bones have an eye and an arrow icon with a tick. In the parameters pane, under Display, the property "Selectable (in viewport)" is On. In Tool Settings pane, for the Joint Editor, the Selection group all have groups they belong to.

• If it's the uncovered areas of the figure that are at issue, is the arrow icon ticked/Selectable parameter on for the figure?

• If it's the uncovered areas of the figure that are at issue, is the arrow icon ticked/Selectable parameter on for the figure?

Thanks Richard, that solved it! I was so focused on something being wrong with the settings for the limbs that couldn't be selected that I ignored to look at the figure as a whole. The figure had a small cross next to the arrow. Changed it to a check. Now it works.

• wfbp1wwfbp1w Posts: 25

Well, that helps a lot!   for me also, as a relative new studio, -former Poser user, but this little cross is very, very little