Ok dumb question. How do I chage my avatar??

StrixowlStrixowl Posts: 301
edited December 1969 in New Users

I go to my profile and I can see my current avatar on the left. On the right is a blank grey area that says something about my not having an avatar. No upload button etc. ??
Thanks

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,925
    edited December 1969

What file format are you trying to use

• StrixowlStrixowl Posts: 301
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    What file format are you trying to use

I wasn't able to try any format since their is no way to upload a new pic that I can see ??

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Your Control Panel here in the Forums... And then know this, if current Avy is png the next should be jpg or gif to force a change. I swap mine from png to jpg and back to force a change.

Note: Sometimes only a Server update of the SITE will show a change but that is rare.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

Click on "Your Control Panel" on the upper right of the forum page.

edited December 1969

Click on "Your Control Panel" on the upper right of the forum page.

Thank you that was the trick. I clicked on the Profile button not the "Your Control Panel" link. And I uploaded a png just for good measure :)
    Thank you both

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874
    edited December 1969

Cute avatar!
    Funny story- my son heard a thumping on his door leading out to the back patio, so he came in to the great room to tell me something was out there. As I stood up from across the room to tell him NOT to open the door, he had already done so and then was knocked down immediately. I raced forward thinking it was an intruder, and it was an owl that had smacked him in the face! (It was fine, flew off. I think it was after a mouse that was in some upright stacked things by the back door and he was just persistent.) We had a good laugh as I was ready to do battle with anyone coming through the door!

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Cute avatar!
    Funny story- my son heard a thumping on his door leading out to the back patio, so he came in to the great room to tell me something was out there. As I stood up from across the room to tell him NOT to open the door, he had already done so and then was knocked down immediately. I raced forward thinking it was an intruder, and it was an owl that had smacked him in the face! (It was fine, flew off. I think it was after a mouse that was in some upright stacked things by the back door and he was just persistent.) We had a good laugh as I was ready to do battle with anyone coming through the door!

Thanks Novica.
    Cool story. I've had many incidents with owls through out my 66 years and can really appreciate yours. I had just had to change the avatar when I saw this guy and I had been looking for one to replace the previous cartoony one I've had for years :-)

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874
    edited December 1969

You would have LOVED what I did at the Mobile Environmental Studies Center- I was a freelance artist and they let me spend hours inside the aviaries with the birds sketching them. I donated designs for their shirts. My favorite was a Barred Owl named Duncan. I could sit a couple feet away and chat with him and he'd just watch me with those gorgeous eyes. He was very curious and friendly. That Center does a lot of great rehabilitiation. (I also spent hours with the bald eagle and golden eagle- gosh they are HUGE!)

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    You would have LOVED what I did at the Mobile Environmental Studies Center- I was a freelance artist and they let me spend hours inside the aviaries with the birds sketching them. I donated designs for their shirts. My favorite was a Barred Owl named Duncan. I could sit a couple feet away and chat with him and he'd just watch me with those gorgeous eyes. He was very curious and friendly. That Center does a lot of great rehabilitiation. (I also spent hours with the bald eagle and golden eagle- gosh they are HUGE!)

So envy you that time. I'm sure it was a beautiful time. As you probably know the Barred Owl is of the genus Strix varia. Thus my handle :)

• I know this is old, but how do we change avatars now?  I don't see a You Control Panel button.  I haven't been abel to find anything under My Account or edit info, etc. 

• Nevermind I foudn it.  there is somethign wrong with button that shows Edit Profile.  It doesn't work unless you click the button in the very center.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,925
    edited January 2023

in the top right of the screen click on the double cog wheel, select your username, and the different option for your profile are in there.

Post edited by frank0314 on