Back after long time and got few questions to clarify

achim_1122ba0cd7achim_1122ba0cd7 Posts: 0
edited July 2012 in New Users

Ahoy,

been a while since I last used DAZ Studio, about 3-4 years (busy life and all...). Recently had some time and inspiration basically to do some renders again, so looked around what the newest is and happened to come across a free promo for DAZ Studio 4. Apparently it normally costs 50USD now?

Since my previous repository of all products I own was a fairly big uncoordinated mess, I removed those and reset and downloaded all content I've ever purchased again, then went on to start installing V4, A4 and M4, and if I understand it correctly, any content now goes into the new 'My Library' directory, regardless if it's a _ds_ or _dpc_ executable, correct?

I've done this, and upon starting up Studio 4 I find Genesis as a figure I can add, but no A4, M4 and V4 figures, just items such as textures etc.
Is this the correct behaviour? Do all items from these three base characters now get applied to the Genesis figure? Will the respective Morph++ packages work equally with Genesis?
And to apply e.g. V4 clothes, I'll need to use this Clothes adaptor/adjuster thingy, right?

Apart from that, since Windows Vista and Windows 7 support symlinks similar in the form form of Linux symlinks, will DAZ Studio 4 work with these too? I'd like to rather sooner than later export the 'My Library' to my Linux RAID Fileserver (via a Samba share) and symlink to it instead of keeping it in its default location. Will that work?

I'm sure I'll have more questions when the time come, and I'll post these up when the time comes. Until then I'd be grateful if above could be clarified :)

Cheers,

/me

Post edited by achim_1122ba0cd7 on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Look in the Content Library tab -- there you'll find everything in the "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats" sections.

All content whether in D|S or Poser format, gets installed to the root of your content folder -- whether that is "...Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library", "...Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio3\Content", "...Documents\Smith Micro\Poser 8", etc.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Will the respective Morph++ packages work equally with Genesis?

No, Genesis has it's own morphs, although there is also a product called "Generation X" which allows you to transfer morphs into the genesis figure.

There are also Body shapes from Daz3D which allow you to use V3, M3, Freak etc and the clothing for those figures will then work on Genesis,

And to apply e.g. V4 clothes, I’ll need to use this Clothes adaptor/adjuster thingy, right?

Autofit is part of DS4 pro, and it should automatically convert and fit the clothing to genesis for you which also adds the morphs needed to reshape the clothing if you reshape Genesis.

Hope it helps :)