bodymorph bone

ultima9999ultima9999 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

hello everyone

i'm training to model new clothes for poser figures using the import object / setup room /load figure way

everytime i do this a bone appear next to the hip area this bone is named bodymorph

i would like to know if it's possible to get rid of it , i use the material room and turn it's transparency to 100%

but sometime this bone is still visible in renders

i did a google search for this but the only page i can find is white :

lang:welcome
lang:memberlist (appears as a link but if i click nothing happens)

if anyone can help me with this issue i would be grateful

thanks in advance

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,161
    edited December 1969

There shouldn't be any mesh associated with the bone - how are you grouping your clothes? I think you can delete unwanted bones in the Hierarchy Editor, but I'm not certain of that.

• ultima9999ultima9999 Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

infacts it does'nt appear as a mesh , i can't see it under the figure bodyparts menu so i assumed it's not in the hyerarchy aswell
    but if i right click on it and choose select menu i see the name bodymorph there and if i try to select it there the whole body is selected

if it was a mesh i could turn it's visibility on or off just like the other body parts

and it's not a real bone either , it has the shape of a bone but i can't really tell what it is

Post edited by ultima9999 on
    edited December 1969

What is it that you are seeing in your renders?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,906
    edited December 1969

Can you post your renders? or a screen shot of the problem?

edited December 1969

yes , i can make an example if you please explain me a little how can i post an image XD

edited December 1969

Render and save as jpg - make sure te image size is under 450KBish. Then Click Post Reply (not Fast Reply) and go to the Attachments area, under the main text entry box - click the Browse button or simply click in the white box and select your image.

Upload_image.jpg
    868 x 503 - 32K
    edited July 2012

here it is
    for this example i did'nt try to hide it using transparency , it's not always visible , but sometimes it pops in my renders

concrete_shirt.jpg
    908 x 642 - 63K
    edited December 1969

Which version of Poser are you using? Poser 8? 2010? 9? 2012? other?

edited December 1969

i'm using PP2012 atm but it happened also in poser 8

edited December 1969

Which poser figure is this shirt for?

How did you make the shirt? (not the details but maybe just the programs you used)

edited July 2012

the shirt is for the kids 4 , as you can see there is small hills on the chest and much stomach , the figure contains morphs ( K4, K4++,CDI,marissa for k4) , but i tryed also with a K4 base without any injection and nothing changes..
    the program i used is a mix of 3d coat and cinema 4d r11.5
    the final .obj file was exported from c4d , but i tryed doing some stuff using only 3d coat and the result does'nt change
    i always get that bone even if save a conforming figure as obj then reimport and setup ..i always get that bone

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI ultima9999

It looks like you're exporting a Rigged figure into your modelling program and then building the shirt,. then exporting.
    you don't need to do that.

You'd normally export the base figure as an OBJ model, and use that like a tailors dummy to build the clothing around it.
    OBJ models don't contain any bones,. and therefore, you won't have any bones in the clothing when you export it out from your modelling program, and import it into DS or Poser to Rig and create a conforming figure.

Another alternative is to open what you have there in Hexagon and delete the blue bone object. or copy / paste the shirt part only, and delete the original with the bone.
    either way, you should be able to delete that blue bone polygon object.

Hope it helps :)

edited July 2012

HI 3Dage
    actually i do export the figure as .obj then open it up in 3d coat , there , in the retopo room i build the mesh around that object and when i'm done modelling i do export the retopo model and rename it .
    at this point i open the retopo obj in C4d (scaling up by 1000) , if i need to make some extra modelling i do it (cloth deformer , extra extrusions , additional details ..blablabla ...
    when i'm done i send the object to 3dcoat via applink and there i paint the model .
    when the model and textures are ready i send the model back to c4d via applink again and export scaling down by 1000 again , the export via riptide or via c4d .obj export.
    at this point i open up poser and import the object (all import options unckecked ) and go to the setup room .
    so far no bodymorph bones appear .
    in setup room i select the obj and open the comtent browser , search for the figure i need and load it up to the scene .
    the figure is not loaded , but the skeleton is and "autorigs" the object to match the figure this skeleton belongs to.
    when this is done i move back to pose room , and there i see the incriminated bone .

i can try using hexagon to delete it , but i'm not sure it will work because when i mouse over the bone it does not appear as figure part , if i left click on it won't be selected ,if i right click on it i can select a "bodymorph bone" but when i do that the whole figure is selected .
    if that bone would appear as a figure part i could uncheck "visible" to solve the problem , but it's not

i can only select the thing with the color picker in the material room .

i tryed opening a figure in C4d using interposer pro and model a cloth around it , when i delete the figure , b4 exporting , the skeleton is deleted aswell and no bones remain to the final export of the cloth object .

if you were right the bone would appear b4 the setup room operations and appear as a poligon object , but it's not like that , it seems like a texture without poligons , or so it's the way poser shows it to me .

this is the whole process , and i think i'm not doing anything wrong there , but i still don't get why that bone has to pop