Reinstalled OS

DallasRTDallasRT Posts: 18
edited December 1969 in New Users

I had to reinstall my OS, but all of my runtimes are on another drive safe. After reinstalling DAZ, how do I get it to see all of my Genesis/DAZ/Poser content? Please do not tell me I will have to reload everything all over again.

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Just point Daz to your content folders in prefs, map each as Daz Native and Poser Native. That should do it.

• DallasRTDallasRT Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

Thank you. I will do that.

edited July 2012

I left out, the FIRST Daz Directory you list needs to be the Default Daz content folder, the one you install DS only content into. It's the one DS reads and writes data and scene files into. Then you will have all your old save files back just as you did before.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • DallasRTDallasRT Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

Forgive such a stipid question, but which is the default daz content folder? When I search my content library i see all of my Genesis characters, but nothing under the Snart Content tab,

edited July 2012

That is the one DS created or the one that you had DS install the included content into and the one you use for all your Genesis content. That should be the one Listed as the TOP DS directory.

If you have that one listed as the Top/First directory I will ask how you re-import all your Meta-Data. You lost your CMS database that held that info it was also on your default HDD from the sound of it.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Okay, if you make sure your CMS is running, it controls your Metadata and Smart content. You can do this to get your Metadata back and it should bring all your Smart Content back.

1. Click on the Content Library tab
    2. Click on the button that has a little triangle and four lines, that brings up a menu
    3. Select “Content DB Maintenance”
    4. Click “Re-Import Metadata.”

I had to copy this from another thread but it was what I wanted to tell you.